Carpentry & Joinery Lecturer
37 hours per week, 52 weeks per year.
Up to £37,712.00 per annum (10% of salary towards relocation costs)
£5k Golden Hello**
Do you enjoy motivating young people? We are seeking a Carpentry & Joinery lecturer to join our expanding Construction team.
You will need to be a highly motivated team player and have the skills, drive and enthusiasm to deliver and maintain the highest standards on the courses. As Carpentry and Joinery lecturer you will teach on the Level 2 Full Time Technical Certificate and on the Level 2 Standard with Site and Bench Apprentices.
• High level of knowledge and experience in the area of Carpentry & Joinery
• Hold a teaching qualification and have a minimum of 2 years’ teaching experience with the FE sector
• Hold a Level 2 qualification in Carpentry or Joinery
• Committed to developing learners’ skills and technical understanding
You may be required to be a tutor for a designated group of learners which will involve guiding them through their individual learning journey towards their expected goals. Assessment, action planning and contributing to course development are all aspects of this role.
We will start to review applications 7 days after the vacancy is advertised. Interviews will be arranged as and when after this date, so please do not delay in applying.
- Pension scheme: Teachers Pension
- Generous annual leave entitlement, bank holidays (plus Christmas closure.) Retail Benefits scheme, free onsite parking, refectory/coffee shop, Gym and staff wellbeing day.
- DBS check is payable by candidate.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the College is therefore permitted to ask job applicants to declare all convictions and cautions (including those which are "spent" unless they are "protected" under the DBS filtering rules) in order to assess their suitability to work with children.
Basingstoke College of Technology, located in North Hampshire, is a leading and well respected further education provider. The college prides itself on its excellent links with business and the success of its learners in securing positive destinations.
Basingstoke is an expanding town with a thriving economy and excellent transport links. The college was rates ‘good with outstanding features’ in May 2016 by Ofsted and is committed to becoming an ‘outstanding’ provider. Our financial health has consistently been rated ‘outstanding’ over the last 10 years by the Skills Funding Agency.
BCoT is a significant provider of apprenticeships and we have set ambitious growth targets.
BCoT is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome enquiries from everyone and value diversity in our workforce.