Gower College Swansea is one of the largest colleges in Wales with a strong reputation for high quality teaching and learning. We have six campuses across the city with over 4,500 full time learners and 10,000 part time learners. We currently have a turnover of over £50 million making us a major employer in the region with approximately 1,000 staff.
At Gower College Swansea we are passionate about investing in our staff and looking after their wellbeing to ensure they feel supported in work and also at home.
- An exciting opportunity has arisen to appoint an experienced, talented and highly motivated ACCA Lecturer to join our Business & Technology Learning Area.
- Variable hours (ad-hoc)
- £15.61 - £30.71 per hour
- Sketty Hall campus
- Applicants will have a commitment to continuous improvement, will contribute to curriculum development and assist with the planning and marketing of courses
- Teach on the ACCA qualification and have a willingness to work flexibly
- Deliver high quality teaching and learning, creating a positive environment to enable all learners to reach their full potential in terms of academic, social and personal development
- Recent successful experience of teaching Accounting in a post-16 setting
- Possess relevant ACCA/Degree qualifications
- Hold/have a willingness to work towards a recognised teaching qualification
- The ability to deliver on AAT or Business pathways is desirable
Benefits for you:
- 46 days annual leave plus bank holidays, and the college is closed for two weeks over the Christmas period
- A Teacher’s Pension Scheme with an average employer contribution of 23% (2023)
- Discounted study opportunities on College programmes
- a range of employee benefits including salary sacrifice schemes.
We welcome applications from individuals regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We particularly welcome applications from groups currently underrepresented within our organisation.
If you wish to continue your application journey using Welsh Language, please visit our Cymraeg site. We encourage Welsh Language applications as we recognise the importance of delivering services in Welsh, and the need to grow our bilingual workforce.
Gower College Swansea is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Appointments are subject to an enhanced DBS check and require registration with the Education Workforce Council for Wales.
Full-Time Equivalent Salary: £22,581 - £42,442 per annum dependent on qualifications and experience.
Gower College Swansea is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.