Little Mead Primary is looking to appoint an organised and efficient individual to lead our well-established After School Play Scheme team, to ensure that the after-school play scheme period runs smoothly and the children have a positive play experience. The successful candidate will lead their team by example and develop opportunities to engage and support our families. You will organise and manage your team ensuring appropriate levels of supervision whilst operating in line with school policies at all times and raising any health & safety, safeguarding or other concerns to a senior member of staff in line with policy guidelines.
We are looking for someone who is:
- A team player
- Approachable and has a 'can do attitude'
- Able to use own initiative
- Able to support a range of children from Reception to Year 6
- Professional at all times
- Flexible and adaptable
- Able to respond to the needs of the children
- Able to play a key part in the recruitment process for new additions to the team
Experience of supporting primary aged children in clubs or ASPS is desirable.
The hours of work are Wednesday to Friday, 2.45pm – 5.30pm (8.25 hours per week) term time only.
Please note that this is not a catering vacancy. This role is created to support children from Reception through to Year 6 by supervising and interacting with them.
Endeavour Academy Trust is an inclusive and collaborative group of schools in North Bristol. There are currently four Endeavour schools: Little Mead Primary Academy, Henbury Court Primary Academy, Fonthill Primary Academy and Charlton Wood Primary Academy.
This is an exciting time to work for Endeavour Academy Trust. We have committed to measured and sustainable growth, which will enable us to create a group of excellent schools with ambition for every child.
Our Offer to Staff
We invest heavily in the professional development of our staff with opportunities to develop expertise and experience across the Trust. Our focus on collaboration means that everyone is part of a team. Within Endeavour, we develop our own leaders. If you are ambitious and prepared to work hard we will support your career development and help you to be successful.
As proof of our commitment to staff retention and development, we offer enhanced terms and conditions of employment (compared to standard teacher/local authority entitlements), a friendly working environment with supportive leadership, and encourage our staff to maintain a positive work-life balance.
As a minimum, we offer the following benefits to all employees:
- Paid induction and training suited to the role;
- Tailored career progression through a performance management cycle for all staffing groups;
- Free tea, coffee and milk;
- Confidential access to an Employee Assistance Programme;
- Free parking;
- Use of the Cycle Scheme;
- Paid completion of a DBS check;
- Flu vaccination vouchers;
- Free eye tests (where the employee is desk-based);
- Where eligible, automatic enrolment to the relevant pension scheme;
- Honouring of continuous service earned in the Local Authority;
Guidance for Applicants
- Please note that CVs will not be considered.
- Look carefully at the job description and person specification before applying for this role.
- Ensure that you cross-reference the person specification throughout your application.
- Try and provide examples of times you have fulfilled all aspects of the job description, and the impact it had.
- Please complete all sections of the application form as thoroughly as possible.
- Ensure that you put details of referees. If you have concerns about the suitability of a referee, please contact the recruiter directly.
Please note this is rolling advert and suitable applicants may be invited to interview prior to the closing date.
Little Mead Primary Academy is part of the Endeavour Academy Trust, which is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. You can find our Child Protection Policy on the trust's website:
We particularly welcome applications from under-represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.