The Kingston Academy seeks an ambitious and motivated Art & DT Technician to work with our Art and Design and Technology departments to provide technical support for practical lessons, and provide assistance and practical advice to pupils.
The Kingston Academy is a new outstanding Secondary School in North Kingston, which opened for the first time in September 2015 with a cohort of Year 7 pupils. TKA has received a substantial capital grant for the refurbishment of the existing educational facilities and for additional new modern buildings which we have now taken possession of. Our mission is to provide a world-class education for all the young people within our community to ensure that every pupil is safe, happy and succeeds. Now in our sixth year of operation, we now have over 1000 pupils across the seven year groups of years 7 to 13.
Who we are looking for:
We invite applications from candidates with the following attributes for this role:
- Art/DT background and good subject knowledge;
- Good oral, written communication and numeracy skills;
- Awareness of willingness to learn of safeguarding procedures and protocol in schools;
Our selection procedure will aim to identify with rigour whether the candidate fulfils the requirements of the post and will include the consideration of the candidate’s suitability to work with children and young people. The process will include:
- Short role related written task;
- Short informal interview with a pupil panel;
- Interview with Head Teacher, Deputy Head Teacher and Head of Department.
Please see the Job Pack for the job specification and the full list of responsibilities and person specification.
We look forward to receiving your application.