An exciting new Assistant Estates and Project Manager role has been introduced to the Cathedral Schools Trust’s Central team.
This fixed term (24 months) role will support our wider work on Estates, Health & Safety and compliance, to ensure that our schools provide a safe, secure, welcoming and purposeful environment for children, staff and visitors. Required as soon as possible, we are looking for an effective and highly organised individual to play a key role in working with our Estates Manager and providing support across our schools.
You will be working 37.5 hours per week, year round, with flexibility over the exact work pattern during the week. We will consider part-time and flexible working arrangements for the right candidate with the option of some home working.
You will assist in the running of our Estates functions, our wider work on Health and Safety and compliance. You will manage capital projects across our schools and ideally have experience in project management, with additional training available if required for the right candidate. This is a varied but challenging role, requiring calm efficiency, an eye for detail and good humour and the ability to build strong and positive relationships with all colleagues in the Trust.
Each of the 9 school sites (all within Bristol and North Somerset) has a Caretaker or Site Manager, along with a Business Manager, in addition the Trust has an Estates Manager. There will be regular and frequent face to face contact with Heads and staff in our schools. A driving licence is essential for this role.
You will be sympathetic to environmental concerns regarding the school and grounds.
The tasks required will be varied but are likely to include:
- Managing capital projects, liaising with stakeholders, ensuring projects are delivered on time/within budget
- Supporting on priority areas of work e.g. compliance checks
- Helping lead on sustainability
- Planning and managing a rolling programme of maintenance, redecoration, periodic & deep cleaning, renewal and alteration to premises
- Ensuring a safe system of work for all premises staff and external contractors
- Developing and maintaining an asset management plan for all sites in conjunction with the Estates Manager
- Reviewing, updating and rewriting risk assessments and key Health & Safety policies across the Trust so that they are compliant and in a standardised format
- Ensuring a consistent system is in place for storing risk assessments and safety documentation which works across the Trust
- Delivering a policy for maintaining and updating risk assessments and ensuring staff are fully trained, introducing a timetable for ongoing review
- Ensuring that specified service levels are achieved by monitoring and auditing standards
What you will get from Cathedral Schools Trust:
- Competitive pension schemes
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discounted gym membership
- Continuing Professional and Leadership development
If you would like to find out more about CST, please visit our website: Cathedral Schools Trust
Please note that we will only consider applications through iTrent and will not consider CVs so please ensure that your supporting statement on the iTrent application form meets the requirements of the person specification. We encourage you to be succinct.
Applications should be received as soon as possible and no later than midnight on Sunday 5th February 2023
Interviews will be held on Thursday 9th February 2023 at Trinity Academy Bristol
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All posts at Cathedral Schools Trust are subject to pre-employment checks including, but not limited to, initial and periodic enhanced level checks with the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Cathedral Schools Trust is an equal opportunities employer and recognises the strength in diversity. Our schools have a wide range of cultural, socio economic and religious influences and we use this to ensure that we broaden our understanding of each other and the world. Applications are welcome from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or religious belief, sex or sexual orientation, gender reassignment, disability or age, and maternity, marital or civil partner status. We particularly encourage applications from under-represented groups
Notes: The duties outlined in this job description may be modified by The Principal, with your agreement, to reflect or anticipate changes in the job, commensurate with the salary and job title. This document does not form part of your contract of employment with the school
As part of our commitment to equal opportunities, we ask that all applications are made using our application form and are accompanied by an equal opportunities form. The equal opportunities form is anonymous and is not shared with the shortlisting panel
Cathedral Schools Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.