St Peter’s Catholic School is looking to appoint an efficient and organised individual to join our vibrant Administration team. This role is primarily focused on student attendance, administering the daily registration of attendance, supervising the collection and input of data to the attendance monitoring system.
The ideal candidate will have:
• A good level of education including GCSE Maths and English
• Previous experience of working in a busy office, ideally in a school environment.
• Excellent IT and organisational skills.
• A desire and ability to produce detailed and accurate work.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
• Excellent ability to plan, prioritise and balance conflicting demands whilst working under pressure and tight timescales.
St Peter’s can offer you:
• The opportunity to join a friendly, supportive team.
• A consistent workload with the necessary training and development to work effectively. Our administration team are trained first aiders. If you do not have a current certificate, you will be required to attend a first aid course.
• A Local Government Pension Scheme.
• All staff benefit from free access to Guildford Spectrum Sports Centre. Including the gym, group exercise classes, spa and pool.
• An organisation with a unique ethos based on strong relationships, high expectations and emotional and spiritual health.
The hours are Monday to Friday from 8.00am to 4.00pm, 36 hours per week, 39 weeks a year during term time, plus INSET days. Lunch breaks during your working day will be unpaid. There is also the requirement to work up to an additional five days throughout the holidays, which are paid as overtime.
Surrey Pay Scale PS5 - £23,243 to £25,484 FTE
36 Hours per week, term-time (39 weeks per year), actual salary - £19,995 to £21,923
If you are looking for a new, challenging role and want to work in a highly successful school, with well-established administrative practices and a caring environment, St Peter’s could be the school for you.
Our roles can receive high volumes of applicants and we may need to occasionally close a vacancy before the published closing date of the advert. Interviews will be arranged as suitable applications are received. We do not want you to miss out, so recommend that you submit your application as soon as possible.
For further information about our school, please see our website. If you would like to visit the school for a tour or have any other queries, please contact Michelle Gallagher, HR Manager.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The Successful applicant will be required to undertake an enhanced check via the Disclosure and Barring Service.