Salary: Grade 6, GBP £21,775 - £24,517
Contract: Permanent, full time (37 hours per week)
Location: Bristol, Multiple Campuses
There’s never been a better time to join the fantastic team here at City of Bristol College, with recent investment in our already outstanding teaching facilities the College has a great deal on offer for both staff and students. We have an exciting new opportunity for an organised and supportive Careers and Employability Advisor to work within the Student Services team on a full time, permanent basis (37 hours per week).
You will play an integral role in making sure that the College meets its duty in providing a professional, student focussed service in relation to impartial Career Education, Information, Advice and Guidance (CEIAG), that inspires individuals by detailing the opportunities available to them in education, training and employment. You will be providing accurate, timely and high-quality CEIAG to customers of all ages in person, by telephone or electronically for all categories whilst also ensuring that the College remains compliant with Ofsted requirements.
We are looking for someone with experience of delivering customer focusses services, and delivering information and advice to enquirers. The ideal candidate will also have an understanding of the Gatsby Benchmarks, and is competent using a range of IT software on a day to day basis including Microsoft Office packages, databases and emails. A level 4 qualification in Information, Advice and Guidance (IAG) is not essential although it would be an advantage.
What we offer:
- A generous holiday entitlement of 26 holiday days (plus bank holidays and 8 closure days)
- Membership to the Local Government Pension Scheme with employer contributions of 16.1 %
- Up to 30% off courses with the University of the West of England
- Great discounts on hair and beauty treatments offered on site
- Family-friendly policies including flexible working, compassionate leave, maternity, paternity and adoption leave, parental leave and job share
- Excellent facilities including study centres, City Salon, multi-faith prayer rooms, bike storage, City Restaurant (situated at College Green and at SBSA), refectories
- Cycle to work scheme
- A variety of online shopping discounts and offers and cash health plan
- Plus a supportive package to ensure continuous professional development.
At City of Bristol College, we have one goal: to help our students succeed. We offer the widest range of academic and vocational qualifications in the area, with more than 1,000 courses available from entry to degree level. We provide education and training to approximately 12,000 students each year. The College is made up of five centres across Bristol and each centre offers excellent, well-equipped, purpose-built facilities. In addition, we have a wide range of community partners allowing us to offer courses in venues across the city. More information about the College can be found on our website.
We are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves and succeed. We aspire to have a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join us.
City of Bristol College is committed to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults. All new employees to the College are required to complete and obtain an enhanced DBS disclosure. A copy of our Safeguarding Policy can be found on the College website.
Please see our Job Description, Person Specification, Conditions of Service and Applicant information for more information.
Closing date: Midnight Monday 6th February
Interview date: TBC