Post Title: Careers & Enterprise Development Officer
Reporting to: Head of Careers & Enterprise
‘Come questioning, go seeking, grow’
We are looking for someone who cares about making a difference! A proactive, resourceful, and driven professional to join The Henley College’s Careers & Enterprise Team. The Careers & Enterprise Team play a vital role in the college fabric to enrich student lives helping to develop personal and professional skills which support decisions towards their next steps.
- To cultivate, develop and maximise enterprise relationships with external businesses and industries.
- To generate work experience, encounters and shadowing opportunities.
- Manage the network of external business contacts to support curriculum leaders in accessing up to date industry knowledge.
- Generate and share labour market information across the college
- To support Careers Officers with events
- To support external businesses to access adult courses provided by the college
- To conduct industry and work placement visits as required
- Manage the college database for work experience and industry placements
- Comply with any rules and regulations which the College may from time to time issue, to ensure the efficient operation of its business and the welfare and interest of its employees and learners.
- Work flexibly and efficiently to maintain the highest professional standards and to promote and implement the policies of the College.
- To ensure adherence to all College policies and procedures including Staff Code of Conduct, Safeguarding, Keeping Children Safe in Education and IT Policy and procedures.
- To work to the College quality standards and systems within the context of the College quality systems.
- To ensure continuous professional development (CPD) requirements as specified by the College and that may be identified during college processes, for example Developmental reviews.
- To undertake such other duties and responsibilities as are appropriate to this level of post.
- Great business acumen particularly in partnership management
- Ability to communicate effectively by email, telephone and in person
- Ability to work constructively as part of a team
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Ability to absorb and understand a wide range of information
- Excellent IT skills
- Flexibility with working hours
- Desirable Criteria
- Experience of working with databases
- Experience of working in an educational establishment
- Educated to Level 3 standard or equivalent
Terms of Employment
Tenure of post: Permanent, AYR
Start Date: ASAP
Hours Per Week: 37 hours per week
Annual leave: 23 days, plus 8 bank holidays, plus 4 closure days
Salary: Support scale 5 From £22,719.00 per annum
Benefits you can Enjoy
- LGPS Scheme. This is an employee and employee contributory pension scheme.
- Amazing range of continued professional development to support your career path including teacher training
- Free onsite gym
- Free Car Park on both sites and Good public transport
- Wellbeing offering to support your physical, mental and financial health through our EAP.
The Henley College is an Equal Opportunities Employer. The Henley College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of learners and expects all staff to share this commitment. This position is subject to a satisfactory Enhanced DBS check.
Please note - Early applications are encouraged. We reserve the right to close this vacancy earlier than stated should we source a suitable candidate before the closing date.
The Henley College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.