Student Experience Department
0.8559 FTE (37 hours per week, 38 weeks per year)
£19,276 per annum (£22,521 pro rata, per annum)
The main purpose of this post is to ensure a safe, secure and welcoming environment for staff, students and college visitors as well as support and inspire students to comply with the respect agreement therefore achieving a high standard of behaviour.
This role will enable students to develop a sense of ownership as the officer aims to take a proactive approach to support students who display challenging behaviours. The successful candidate will have experience of working with a range of people, excellent communication skills and skilled at engaging with young people. Up-to-date First aid qualification would be desirable.
Main duties and responsibilities are as follows:
• Campus security
• Undertake patrols of campus, paying particular attention to student communal areas
• Patrol of local area in pro-active approach to tackle anti-social behaviour
• Support duty managers as and when required with reported incidents
• Challenging inappropriate behaviour
• Help manage vehicles coming to site
• Support Estate team as appropriate
• Perform administrative tasks with the scale of the post
• Support Main Reception
• Be part of the Safeguarding team
We will start to review applications 7 days after the vacancy is advertised. Interviews will be arranged as and when after this date, so please do not delay in applying.
- Pension scheme: Peoples Pension
- Generous annual leave entitlement, bank holidays (plus Christmas closure.) Retail Benefits scheme, free onsite parking, refectory/coffee shop, Gym and staff wellbeing day.
- DBS check is payable by candidate.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the College is therefore permitted to ask job applicants to declare all convictions and cautions (including those which are "spent" unless they are "protected" under the DBS filtering rules) in order to assess their suitability to work with children.
Basingstoke College of Technology, located in North Hampshire, is a leading and well respected further education provider. The college prides itself on its excellent links with business and the success of its learners in securing positive destinations.
Basingstoke is an expanding town with a thriving economy and excellent transport links. The college was rated ‘good with outstanding features’ in May 2016 by Ofsted and is committed to becoming an ‘outstanding’ provider. Our financial health has consistently been rated ‘outstanding’ over the last 10 years by the Education and Skills Funding Agency.
BCoT is a significant provider of apprenticeships and we have set ambitious growth targets.
BCoT is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome enquiries from everyone and value diversity in our workforce.