IT Support Department
Desktop and Systems Engineer
Full-time (37 hours per week, 52 weeks per year)
£37,100 per annum
This is an exciting role and opportunity to become part of our expanding IT Support Team in a fast-paced and diverse environment. As the systems engineer you will work in a third line team of four on a range of enterprise IT kit.
There is no fixed closing date for this post so applicants are advised to apply quickly. The interview will be a two stage process with the first element carried out remotely and then an onsite panel interview and assessment.
What will you be doing?
Installing new hardware and software systems, coming up with design solutions for new requirements or to improve \ update existing systems and then implementing them. This will cover windows server 2012R2 and above, HP Synergy blades and HP Nimble storage, HP Aruba switches and WiFi, Windows 10&11.
Resolving issues escalated to you by the 1st line team.
Carrying out “business as usual” functions and working with the team generally to improve resilience and security. Hybrid working is available and there will be a small element of out of hours working related to security patching.
As the successful candidate you will:
• Hold a GCSE Mathematics and English Grade C or above (or Grade 4+)
• Ideally have Microsoft Server certifications and\or HPE blade \ networking systems certifications.
• Ideally have a minimum of two years’ experience in a similar role with good trouble shooting skills, technical knowledge and a service driven attitude.
• Have strong knowledge with IT trouble shooting (hardware and software) and experience with Server 2012R2, 2016, 2019.
• Have proven experience of resolving complex problems.
• Have good communication skills, the ability to work under pressure either in a team or independently.
- Pension scheme: Peoples Pension (PPS)
- Generous annual leave entitlement, bank holidays (plus Christmas closure.) Retail Benefits scheme, free onsite parking, refectory/coffee shop, Gym and staff wellbeing day.
- DBS check is payable by candidate.
- Remote interview at the 1st stage, onsite hands on assessment and technical interview for the 2nd stage.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the College is therefore permitted to ask job applicants to declare all convictions and cautions (including those which are "spent" unless they are "protected" under the DBS filtering rules) in order to assess their suitability to work with children.
Basingstoke College of Technology, located in North Hampshire, is a leading and well-respected further education provider. The college prides itself on its excellent links with business and the success of its learners in securing positive destinations.
Basingstoke is an expanding town with a thriving economy and excellent transport links. The college was rated ‘good with outstanding features’ in May 2016 by Ofsted and is committed to becoming an ‘outstanding’ provider. Our financial health has consistently been rated ‘outstanding’ over the last 10 years by the Education and Skills Funding Agency.
BCoT is a significant provider of apprenticeships and we have set ambitious growth targets.
BCoT is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome enquiries from everyone and value diversity in our workforce.