Director of Primary Education: Deputy Chief Executive
Leadership Salary Scale Points 24 – 30 (£78,010 - £90,365)
Start Date – September 2023
Candidates will need to demonstrate the following:
• Extensive experience of leadership in First or Primary Schools at Headteacher level.
• Ability to support and challenge schools to improve outcomes and deliver on challenging targets.
• Outstanding communication skills, with the ability to positively influence all levels of the organisation.
• Be visionary in how Primary schools can achieve huge benefits from the collaboration of a Trust.
• A track record of raising standards and expertise in school improvement with a passion for all learners achieving the best possible outcomes.
• Be creative in school organisation and structural change.
• Understand how effective deployment of resource can drive school improvement.
• Ability to motivate others to generate a shared culture and positive atmosphere across the Trust.
• Ability to ensure that all stakeholders are clear on what excellent teaching and learning looks like.
• Experience of preparing for Ofsted inspections.
• Enthusiasm to promote a culture of ambition, challenge, and support so that all learners can achieve success and engage positively with their own learning.
What we can offer:
• Extended Leadership opportunities, coaching and continued professional development.
• Wider networking across the South West and with the Regional (DfE) Director.
• Staff benefits including reduced leisure centre membership and cycle to work scheme.
• A staff assistance programme with the specialist provider, Carefirst who provide a 24/7 free phone helpline,
or face-to-face counselling for every employee in the Wessex family.
• Exciting opportunities as part of a growing multi-academy Trust.
Closing date: 8 am Monday 17 April 2023
Interview date: Thursday 20 & Friday 21 April 2023
To apply for this position, please complete a teaching staff application form, (available on our website), together with a letter of application (no more than two A4 sides) for the attention of Mr Gavin Ball (Chief Executive) detailing your experience and impact to date, what your vision would be for the post, and how your experience will enable you to deliver this. Completed applications should be returned to the HR Team. If you wish to visit the Central Office or discuss the role informally prior to making an application, please contact the HR team on the above email address.
The Wessex Learning Trust is committed to safeguarding young people and promoting the welfare of children, and all staff appointed will undergo online checks and be required to undertake an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check
Wessex Learning Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff appointed will undergo online checks and be required to undertake an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.