Notre Dame School has an exciting opportunity for a qualified and enthusiastic Drama Technician to support teaching and learning in the Senior School Drama department.
The Drama department’s facilities include a fully equipped, West End quality theatre seating over 350.
The ideal candidate will be a technician with experience of one or more of the following: technical production, stage management, lighting design, lighting systems and or set design.
Good knowledge of current health and safety regulations with regard to a theatre environment is essential. Experience of supervising and training students in the use of lighting and sound systems associated to their academic and co-curricular activities is also desirable.
The role will involve technical support for the theatre and the smooth running of technical aspects of drama productions, drama lessons and related events.
• Applicants should hold recognised qualification in any of the following: technical production, stage management, lighting and or sound electronics
• Practical knowledge of electrical principles and electrical safety including 3-phase electricity
• Practical skills in building and painting sets, prop making or sourcing
• Previous experience of working as a Drama/Theatre Technician in a school environment
• Organisation skills required for keeping technical and workshop areas clean and tidy
Hours: 30 hours, 3-4 Days per week, (Term time only)
Start date: January 2023
Notre Dame School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service. In accordance with KCSIE requirements we will contact referees and obtain references prior to interview.
Interested applicants are encouraged to submit a completed application as soon as possible. The School reserves the right to interview and appoint before the closing date, if a suitable candidate presents themself.