Weston Green School Early Years / Nursery Assistant
An exciting opportunity for a PART TIME or FULL TIME Early Years / Nursery Assistant to work in our wonderful, nurturing Pre Prep Early Years as part of our thriving preparatory school. We would consider part time or full time and flexible hours arrangements too.
This role would be a full year role as our Nursery and Kindergarten are open 48 weeks per year and would include 6 weeks holiday (+bank holidays), 2 weeks of which can be taken in term time.
Do you have experience as a Nursery or Kindergarten Assistant?
Do you have enthusiasm, and energy to work as part of our supportive and friendly team in an inspiring school environment?
Weston Green School is a 2 form entry independent school situated in Thames Ditton, Surrey. Our school is a special place where children grow and thrive to become independent and confident young people, who achieve exceptionally well, but also enjoy their experiences immensely and develop a life-long love of learning.
Our Early Years offers both full day and half day sessions for children from age 2+ to when they start school. Our EY’s assistant will work closely with the team in the delivery of a flexible, high-quality education and care to meet the needs of the children and their families and we are seeking to appoint an experienced and competent assistant to join our team who:
- Is an enthusiastic and dynamic member of our team
- Has an excellent broad knowledge of the EYFS curriculum and how this can be applied
- Can build excellent & positive relationships with both children and adults
- Has the ability to work as part of a team under the direction of our Head of EY’s and Nursery Manager as well as being able to show initiative and lead practice
- Can show a commitment to developing good relationships with; children, staff at the school, parents and outside agencies
- Has high expectations and is friendly, hardworking and supportive and above all flexible!
- Can provide outstanding care and develop the education of children, using specialist knowledge and experience. Including undertaking tasks related to classroom and extra-curricular activities, the delivery of the designated and enriched curriculum, raising standards through continuous self-evaluation and providing high standards of supervision and pastoral care
- Preferably the post holder will be at least NVQ Level 3 EY Educator qualified or equivalent or be willing to train in this. The school can support onward training as part of its apprenticeship scheme.
We can offer:
- A small, friendly two form entry school with a strong pastoral and community ethos
- A supportive, caring and inspiring team
- Children who are fun, and exciting to teach
- Small class sizes
- Excellent development opportunities
The permanent contract will be for 48 weeks per year. The role offers 6 weeks (30 days) annual holiday entitlement, of which 20 days is determined by compulsory closure - 10 days summer, 5 days Christmas and 5 days Easter. The additional 10 days to be taken at a mutually convenient time during normal term time.
Salary dependent on experience within the range £22,500 - £26,500 FTE. The start date will be negotiated following a successful appointment.
Closing date: Friday 17th February at 12:00 noon
Interviews to be held: Week beginning 20th February to be confirmed
We encourage visits to the school. If you would like to find out more or arrange a visit please contact Emma Nicholas or email the school.
Weston Green School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We actively support the Government's Prevent Agenda to counter radicalism and extremism. We have a number of policies and procedures in place that contribute to our safeguarding commitment, including our Child Protection Policy which can be viewed in the Policies section of our website.