Early Years Teaching Assistant – Primary
Please note that applications will be reviewed as received and should a suitable candidate be identified, we may close the vacancy early. Therefore, early application is encouraged.
Hours per week: 30
Please note: This role will include 2.17 hours of Extended Club Playworker duties per week, alongside the 30 TA hours.
Actual salary per annum for 32.17 hours per week is £15,701 - £16,547.
Zouch Academy sits at the North end of Tidworth on a large, green site, catering for more than 400 pupils aged between 4 and 11 years of age with the addition of an on-site nursery provision. We are proud of our school and our children enjoy learning here every day.
We couldn’t do what we do without our fantastic staff team, and we are looking for an outstanding Teaching Assistant to join our hard-working team. If you are looking to continue your career as a Teaching Assistant in a challenging and rewarding role within our school, then we want to hear from you. This role also includes Extended Club Playworker duties, and we are looking for you to be enthusiastic and creative, providing high quality and safe after school care for the children. Come and join us on this exciting journey to help every child in our school reach their potential. We think this is a great place to work and we hope that you will too!
All About You
Do you have what it takes to join us? The Teaching Assistant and Playworker we would like to join us will be:
- An excellent Teaching Assistant who loves to work with children and helps to inspire them to achieve their potential.
- An outstanding team-player who enjoys working with others and being involved in school life.
- Committed to their own professional development journey.
- Experienced in working with children with SEN and/or SEMH needs.
- Experienced in working with Early Years children
- Enthusiastic, energetic and creative.
- Able to plan and carry out meaningful play activities
- Committed to continuous evaluation and improvement.
You must also hold a relevant Level 3 qualification (please see Person Specification below).
Why Work for us?
We think you will love working with us and here are some of the reasons why:
- We are a welcoming and supportive school with strong values and a caring ethos.
- Our staff are a hardworking team dedicated to helping children succeed.
- Our children are engaged and eager to learn.
- We have a supportive leadership team and wider school community.
- As part of The White Horse Federation multi-academy trust, we benefit from their support, encouragement, shared resources and outstanding CPD opportunities.
Why not come and see for yourself? We would love to welcome you to our school and show you around so that you can better understand our school environment. Please get in touch with the school office to arrange.
The White Horse Federation is a large Multi-Academy Trust in South West and South East England, committed to providing the very best education for our students. We believe in empowering our staff to be the very best they can be, and that is why you will find a wide range of professional development opportunities available to you when you join us.
We believe in valuing our staff, and one of the ways we can do that is by offering a range of benefits to our staff:
- Car Purchase Scheme
- Discounted Gym Membership
- Reward Gateway Discounts
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Excellent Pension Scheme
Ready to Apply?
We hope we have done enough to give you a flavour of what it is like to work here. If you would like come and join us, then please apply today – we are looking forward to hearing from you.
The White Horse Federation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. If successful for this role, you will be expected to apply for a disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service before an appointment is confirmed. Please note that references will be sought on shortlisted candidates before the interview.
The White Horse Federation values uniqueness and recognises the benefit of having a diverse workforce. We value the contributions of all staff from a wide range of backgrounds and we are committed to building an inclusive workplace that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve. At The White Horse Federation, we believe that everyone should be treated with fairness and respect and share a commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion at all of our schools. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and operate a fair recruitment process, free from discrimination against the protected characteristics, in line with the Equality Act 2010.