Early Years Foundation Stage Teaching Assistant
Wellington Lions Primary Academy
Salary: Grade C2 – D6, £20,441 - £21,968 FTE (DOE)
Actual Salary: £12,703.50 -£13,652.49 (DOE)
Term Time only
Monday – Friday, 27.5 hours per week, 9am - 2.30 pm
The Wellington Lions Primary Academy are seeking to recruit a Teaching Assistant with excellent English and mathematics skills to work in our school. If you share our values of excellence through rigorous learning of key skills within a rich and broad curriculum, we want to hear from you.
We aspire for the Wellington Primary Academies to become a beacon of excellence and optimism for the local community providing an outstanding education for all its pupils.
As an organisation we are committed to providing exceptional continuous professional development to effectively support all staff and secure the best learning environment for our pupils. To this end we ensure that our staff are fully resourced with access to the latest technology.
What we offer:
- The opportunity of working within a supportive, friendly and well-run school.
- The Trusts commitment to staff wellbeing including generous calendar dates and INSET Days.
- A strong commitment to your professional development though mentorship and coaching.
- Reward and recognition, celebrating staff success.
- Leadership development opportunities both internally and across other schools in the Trust.
- A successful ECT support program.
- Onsite Parking.
- Pension Scheme.
- Courteous and hardworking pupils.
- Benefits for discounts via an online staff portal.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and committed Teaching Assistant to join our team.
- Has experience of working within a primary setting.
- Can demonstrate relevant professional qualifications suitable to a primary setting.
- Can work independently but also alongside the teacher.
- Is flexible and adaptable.
- Is prepared to lead learning in small groups both in class and as part of additional provision.
- Can bring warmth and positivity to our school.
Closing date: 9am, Monday 20 February 2023.
Interview Date: TBC
Please note if we receive enough applications, we may close this job role earlier.
We look forward to receiving your application, if you have not heard from us by the interview date, you may assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Unfortunately, we are unable to offer feedback on individual applications that are not shortlisted for interview.
Ascend Learning Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We particularly welcome applications from under-represented groups, including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual-orientation or religion.
Please note any position that involves working with children requires declaration of ALL convictions/cautions regardless of whether these are deemed as spent and a DBS check will be carried out before any employment commences.
In line with KCSIE 2022 and safer recruitment practices, the school will conduct an online search for all shortlisted candidates. The online search is part of our safeguarding checks and will seek publicly available information on candidates’ suitability to work with children. Shortlisted candidates will be provided with further guidance and will be asked to clarify their online presence.
References will be obtained before interview at shortlisting stage and may be used in the interview process. If previous employment has included working with children, then at least one referee must be from this employment, regardless of whether this is the current or most recent employment, any gaps in employment must be detailed and an explanation provided in the relevant section.