37 hours per week, 52 weeks per year
(Full time hours: Monday – Thursday 08:30 – 5pm, Friday 08:30 – 4.30pm)
£31,001 to £33,770 per annum
We are looking for a self-motivated, organised individual with excellent communication skills to support, via assessment, the training on the Level three Electrical Apprenticeship. The successful candidate will ensure that all assessments and associated tracking and monitoring activities are undertaken and meet college and Awarding Body criteria.
The successful candidate will have:
• Previous experience of working within the industry
• Experience assessing and delivering NVQ and apprenticeship programmes (essential)
• An Assessor Award qualification
• An Internal Verifier Award would be advantageous
We will start to review applications 7 days after the vacancy is advertised. Interviews will be arranged as and when after this date, so please do not delay in applying.
- Pension scheme: Teachers' Pension
- Generous annual leave entitlement, bank holidays (plus Christmas closure.) Retail Benefits scheme, free onsite parking, refectory/coffee shop, Gym and staff wellbeing day.
- DBS check is payable by candidate.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the College is therefore permitted to ask job applicants to declare all convictions and cautions (including those which are "spent" unless they are "protected" under the DBS filtering rules) in order to assess their suitability to work with children.
Basingstoke College of Technology, located in North Hampshire, is a leading and well respected further education provider. The college prides itself on its excellent links with business and the success of its learners in securing positive destinations. Basingstoke is an expanding town with a thriving economy and excellent transport links.
The college was rated ‘good with outstanding features’ in May 2016 by Ofsted and is committed to becoming an ‘outstanding’ provider. Our financial health has consistently been rated ‘outstanding’ over the last 10 years by the Skills Funding Agency.
BCoT is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome enquiries from everyone and value diversity in our workforce.