Wessex Employability Lead
Full-Time role (37 hours per week) – Part-Time applications also welcomed (30 hours +)
Fixed Term Contract until Dec 2023 (pending the review of funding). Term-Time only plus 2 weeks
Start Date – as soon as possible
Salary £28,371 – 32,020 FTE (Grade 11, Point 20 - 25)
Actual starting salary £25,363 - £28,625 pa (based on 37 hours)
Do you want to make a difference to young people and their futures? An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Trust-wide role to lead, co-ordinate and deliver the Wessex Employability Strategy centrally and support our middle schools. The role will predominantly be based at our Central Office in Cheddar, Fairlands Middle School and Hugh Sexey Church of England Middle School.
The post holder will be required to network with the school Employability Co-ordinators, school leadership teams, and develop and maintain relationships with businesses and training providers in our local communities to maximise and enhance the skills and attributes learners need to thrive in today’s world. Although part of a wider team, this role is very autonomous taking control of your own workload and developing projects in line with the Employability Strategy.
Candidates will need to demonstrate the following:
• Driven and passionate about working with young people from all backgrounds to help them succeed
• Outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with students, staff, parents, and external agencies and businesses
• Confident in organising and delivering training with a genuine passion and deep understanding of the employability and skills field
• A positive, solution-focused approach to the challenges faced and the ability to think and deliver inspiration in a creative and flexible way for all of our young people
• Highly self-motivated with excellent literacy, numeracy, organisational and administration/IT skills
• Ability to travel between schools
• An entrepreneurial sprit
What we can offer:
• Professional induction, training and continued professional development opportunities
• Staff benefits including reduced leisure centre membership and cycle to work scheme
• A staff assistance programme with specialist provider, CareFirst who provide a 24/7 free phone helpline,
or face-to-face counselling for every employee in the Wessex family
• Exciting opportunities as part of a growing multi-academy Trust
• Eligible for generous Local Government Pension Scheme
Closing Date: Midnight 19 February 2023
Interview Date: 27 February 2023
To apply for this position, please complete a support staff application form, (available on our website), together with a letter of application for the attention of Mr Gavin Ball (Chief Executive) detailing your experience and impact to date and why you are the best candidate for the position.
The Wessex Learning Trust is committed to safeguarding young people and promoting the welfare of children, and all staff appointed will undergo online checks and be required to undertake an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check.