Background to the Post
Warwickshire College Group is one of the largest FE colleges in the UK. We have six centres offering a range of vocational subjects with over 20,000 enrolments. The Moreton Morrell Centre is 8 miles from Royal Leamington Spa and is mainly devoted to programmes within the land-based sector.
Moreton Morrell College has led FE and HE equine education in this country for over 40 years and the Programme Area offers a range of Equine, Farriery courses from entry level to degree.
It has sustained this position due to its innovative nature and has a strong tradition of academic rigour combined with a heavy emphasis on practical competence which has resulted in high levels of student achievement on the range of courses. The Equine Centre plays an important role in the delivery of quality resources and services for both teaching and commercial needs.
Events are run utilising the equine resources and many students bring their own horses to college with them on a DIY basis.
Why Work With Us?
Imagine working for an employer that has a positive impact on the lives of thousands of students every year. That could be you.
We offer careers in teaching, educational support and pastoral care and brilliant opportunities within our professional Corporate and Commercial Services departments. The opportunities here are almost endless and can be full time, term time only, part time.
We are one of the largest higher and further education colleges in the country with just under 15,000 students and around 1,300 staff. That’s a lot of people and people are our key to success.
WCG has a comprehensive staff training program, offering leadership training for those wanting to progress and an employee health and wellbeing programme to support our staff when they need it most.
Place of Work: Moreton Morrell College
Our Moreton Morrell campus offers a centre dedicated to veterinary nursing, as well as a large animal welfare centre. There is also a Construction facility with an open workshop area for brickwork, carpentry and multi-skilling. The working farm on site attracts members of the public to our lambing event that takes place every year.
Intercampus transport is provided with good links to and from Royal Leamington Spa College
- A willingness to work with large animals
- Ability to do physical work in an outdoor environment
- Be able to work using own initiative and demonstrate adaptability
- Industry experience and practical competences from a range of Equine areas
- A relevant vocational qualification at Level 3
- Practical DIY skills and the ability to use machinery.
- Familiarity with all relevant risk assessment and Health and Safety procedures
- Flexibility and a willingness to work weekends, evenings and “ education” holidays
- A UK driving licence free of major endorsements and the use of a motor vehicle. Willingness to drive relevant vehicles to undertake the role.
- Equestrian Event Management experience
- Qualifications which demonstrate literacy and numeracy skills for example
- GCSEs in English and Mathematics at Grade C or above (or equivalent qualification) (or willingness to achieve within first 12 months)
- A willingness to undertake continuing professional development.
- IT literate with experience of using a range of Microsoft Office packages.
Essential Skills and Knowledge:
- Organised and self-motivated
- Good communication skills both verbal and written
- Friendly and helpful with an enthusiastic and flexible approach
- Knowledge of current developments within relevant sectors.
- Proven success of working collaboratively and successfully with members of a team.
- Demonstrable experience of the ability to effectively time manage.
- Ability to deliver a quality student/client focused service.
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding and knowledge of Equality and Diversity.
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding and knowledge of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults.
- Ability to demonstrate behaviours which support the Core Values of the College.
For a full job description including duties and responsibilities of the role, please see the job description attached below.
Warwickshire College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.