About the Opportunity
Here at Melksham Oak Community School, we are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Exams Manager to join us to support in the crucial area of Exams.
You will be joining a busy, friendly school with inspirational leaders, where we are committed to providing an engaging, inspiring, creative and innovative teaching and learning environment for our students so that they can reach their full potential.
This is a very important role within our school where you will be responsible for:
- The administration and organisation of all aspects of internal and external examinations, adhering to all awarding body regulations.
- Supporting in the management, analysis and reporting of examination data.
- Line management and training of the Examination Team including our Invigilators.
- Maintaining courses and course memberships on Arbor.
The post is for 42 working weeks, ie term time plus three weeks to include four set days in August for the processing of annual exam results.
For full details on the requirements of the role, please see the supportive job description.
We can offer you:
- An attractive working environment with excellent facilities
- A friendly, committed and hardworking team who are passionate about getting the best outcomes for our students
- Students with a passion for learning
- Recognition of previous school continuous service
- An excellent range of CPD opportunities to enable you to continue to develop in your career
- The chance to join a large Multi-Academy Trust where you can benefit from the skills and knowledge from staff across our 31 schools.
Why Work With Us
The White Horse Federation (TWHF) is a not-for-profit multi-academy trust that supports and sponsors many primary, secondary and special schools across Wiltshire, Gloucestershire, Swindon, Oxfordshire, and Berkshire.
Its shared vision for excellence through partnership means it is also committed to keeping the best of what makes a local school great – in other words, the type of schools where TWHF colleagues would be proud to send their own children.
TWHF combines a relentless drive for academic excellence with a shared moral purpose and shared values while ensuring that fun and happiness are key attributes of each of its schools. TWHF believes that partnership-working with its schools, pupils, and their parents, as well as the wider community, helps creates the best possible outcomes for all children.
TWHF empowers its colleagues through support, training, and career opportunities to recruit and retain outstanding staff who are leaders in their field. That way TWHF can ensure that every student achieves their full potential, regardless of background, culture, heritage, or ability.
TWHF recognises the benefit of having a diverse workforce and is committed to building a team that reflects diversity from the communities it serves. TWHF values the contributions of all staff from a wide range of different backgrounds and actively seeks to promote an environment that is free from discrimination and harassment; which at the same time supports fair promotion and cultural acceptance. Under the provision of the Equality Act 2010, TWHF welcomes applications from everyone and operates a recruitment process that is fair and does not discriminate against or disadvantage anyone because of their age, disability, gender reassignment status, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race or nationality, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
Some benefits are accessible by all staff irrespective of their contract type (T). Some are only eligible to permanent (P) employees following a successful probation period as noted:
- Car Purchase scheme (P)
- Discounted gym membership scheme (P&T)
- Reward Gateway discounts (P&T)
- Hire purchase Cycle to Work scheme (P)
- Free and confidential advice, information and counselling service (P&T)
- Excellent Pension scheme (P&T)
The White Horse Federation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. If successful for this role, you will be expected to apply for a disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service before an appointment is confirmed. Please note that references will be sought on shortlisted candidates before the interview.
The White Horse Federation values uniqueness and recognises the benefit of having a diverse workforce. We value the contributions of all staff from a wide range of backgrounds and we are committed to building an inclusive workplace that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve. At The White Horse Federation, we believe that everyone should be treated with fairness and respect and share a commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion at all of our schools. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and operate a fair recruitment process, free from discrimination against the protected characteristics, in line with the Equality Act 2010.