Background to the Post
The College MIS team is responsible for the collection, processing and management of the College’s core data, including programmes, enrolment, examinations, funding and achievements. The Exams Officer plays a crucial role within the team, liaising with many different examining bodies and therefore the ability to understand and execute regulations is crucial to success in this post.
Why Work With Us?
Imagine working for an employer that has a positive impact on the lives of thousands of students every year. That could be you.
We offer careers in teaching, educational support and pastoral care and brilliant opportunities within our professional Corporate and Commercial Services departments. The opportunities here are almost endless and can be full time, term time only, part time.
We are one of the largest higher and further education colleges in the country with just under 15,000 students and around 1,300 staff. That’s a lot of people and people are our key to success.
WCG has a comprehensive staff training program, offering leadership training for those wanting to progress and an employee health and wellbeing programme to support our staff when they need it most.
Place of Work: Pershore College
Our Pershore College centre is a national centre for horticulture situated on a 60-hectare site near Evesham., specialising in land-based learning. The college has also been producing award-winning fruit juice, craft cider, and perry for more than twenty years. Facilities for Pershore include commercial orchards, horticultural machinery and equipment and a dog grooming salon.
Pershore College is located on the outskirts of the thriving market town of Pershore in Worcestershire, just a few miles from Evesham.
- GCSE Grade C or above in English and Mathematics, or Level 2 equivalent qualification.
- Word processing skills and knowledge of MS Office (specifically databases) are essential.
- Effective administration skills and the ability to maintain accurate records.
- Previous experience of working in exams is essential.
- Ability to drive and access to a car as travel between the sites will be required.
- Working knowledge of information technology such as e-mail, the internet and other software applications.
- Excellent administrative and organisational skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
Essential Skills and Knowledge:
- A flexible, enthusiastic and proactive approach.
- Accurate data entry skills.
- Have a methodical approach to work, being able to pay attention to detail, and be able to manage own work.
- Excellent telephone manner.
- Willingness to be part of a team.
- The ability to take the initiative and make decisions under pressure.
- Flexibility to work outside of core hours when required.
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding and knowledge of Equality and Diversity.
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding and knowledge of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults.
- Ability to demonstrate behaviours which support the Core Values of the College.
For a full job description including duties and responsibilities of the role, please see the job description attached below.
Warwickshire College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.