The Limes College (Pupil Referral Unit) require a Family Outreach Worker to start as soon as possible
Salary: Scale NJC 5 (£25,128 - £26,985)
Actual: £21,484 – £23,072
36 hours per week, term time plus INSET days (with the possibility of working an additional week during the school holidays)
We are seeking to appoint a Family Outreach Worker to join our multi-agency team, motivating young people who are at risk of exclusion, have been excluded or are out of school on a temporary basis for a variety of reasons.
This role will be supporting families and young people with complex and multiple needs so that they are more able to access the curriculum. It may involve planning and delivering individual and small group work activities for students.
You will have:
• Minimum of GCSE Maths and English at grades A – C or equivalent;
• Experience and/or qualifications of working with pupils with social, emotional and behavioural difficulties;
• The ability to motivate and support vulnerable young people;
• Good communication skills, with the ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with staff, students, parents/carers and other professionals;
• A can-do attitude.
• An organisation with a clear moral purpose to change young people’s lives;
• Excellent professional development opportunities;
• Strong community spirit;
• Staff who are supportive towards each other;
• Pension scheme;
• Term-time hours;
• Free access to the employee assistance programme;
• A curriculum where personalised learning is at the heart.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
The Limes College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Further information about The Limes College is available on our website.
Closing date: Wednesday, 5 October 2022 at midday
Interviews: Week commencing Monday, 10 October 2022
Alternative Learning Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check.