20-24 hours per week
S4 £21,257 - £23,303 FTE,
£10,509 - £11,521 pro rata based on working 20hrs per week
£12,611 - £13,825 pro rata based on working 24hrs per week
This role is term-time only, with one additional week during the school holidays.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Finance Assistant to provide support to the Head of Finance and Finance Manager in the smooth operation of the central Trust Finance Office.
You will be:
- Undertaking accounts receivable and accounts payable tasks on behalf of the schools, business units and central team
- Processing of bank receipts and payments
- Assist with the regular production of reports
- Undertaking bank reconciliations
- Liaising with banking providers
- Ensuring financial controls and procedures are followed
- Assisting with both finance and administration duties
- Storing, retrieving, and archiving financial information
- Responding to routine financial queries
Working pattern to be agreed but ideally to be spread over 4 days per week.
ABOUT LEARNING PARTNERS ACADEMY TRUST
Learning Partners Academy Trust is collaborative Multi Academy Trust (MAT) formed of 12 schools in the Guildford area and working in partnership with many others.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
• Have experience in finance and basic book-keeping (debts/credits)
• Have a professional manner and approach and have the ability to remain calm under pressure
• Have good IT skills with proficient use of MS Office, particularly Excel
• Have excellent written and verbal communication skills to deal with enquiries by phone, email and in person
• Have the ability to work autonomously, using initiative and prioritising tasks to meet deadlines
• Have a flexible approach to meeting new challenges
• Have a minimum grade C/4 in Maths and English.
We can offer you:
• Training and development – opportunities to take part in a range training events and ongoing professional development
• Family friendly employer – working within a team which understands that operational needs can be balanced with family responsibilities
• Employee assistance programme – free and confidential third-party telephone counselling service available 24 hours a day
• Pension scheme – Local Government Pension Scheme where the employer’s contribution is over 23% of base salary
• Employee benefits scheme – high street discounts and cycle to work scheme
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in applying for exciting new role please use the links provided to access the full job description and person specification and apply online.
Closing date: Monday 5th December 2022
Please use the links provided to access the full job description and person specification and apply online.
If you have any questions or would like to discuss this role further, please contact Sarah Allen, Head of Finance
• Candidates will be assessed as their application is received, therefore early application is recommended and we are likely to interview before the closing date if sufficient strong applicants apply.
• When completing the application form please ensure that you clearly evidence your relevant skills and experience in relation to the requirements detailed in the job description.
• Please ensure you check your emails regularly as this is how we will communicate with you throughout the recruitment process.
Learning Partners Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.