Background to the Post
The appointed person will need to provide practical supervision of Forgework students and support the lead instructor in ensuring that the students are adequately supervised and adhering to workshop practices whilst developing skills in Forgework.
Duties and Responsibilities
1.To assist in developing the skills of students within the area of Forgework
2. To support and oversee skills training which supports the efficient and effective running and development of all aspects of the curriculum.
3. To assist in maintaining resources and prepare and set up physical materials and equipment for forge related activities
4. To carry out any such maintenance on all tools and workshop equipment.
5. To maintain the unit and equipment to current Health & Safety standards.
6. To attend team meetings, open events, college tasters and outside events as required
7. To ensure all students are aware of the Health & Safety guidelines in the unit.
Why Work With Us?
Imagine working for an employer that has a positive impact on the lives of thousands of students every year. That could be you.
We offer careers in teaching, educational support and pastoral care and brilliant opportunities within our professional Corporate and Commercial Services departments. The opportunities here are almost endless and can be full time, term time only, part time.
We are one of the largest higher and further education colleges in the country with just under 15,000 students and around 1,300 staff. That’s a lot of people and people are our key to success.
WCG has a comprehensive staff training program, offering leadership training for those wanting to progress and an employee health and wellbeing programme to support our staff when they need it most.
Place of Work: Moreton Morrell
Our Moreton Morrell campus offers a centre dedicated to veterinary nursing, as well as a large animal welfare centre. There is also a Construction facility with an open workshop area for brickwork, carpentry and multi-skilling. The working farm on site attracts members of the public to our lambing event that takes place every year.
Intercampus transport is provided with good links to and from Royal Leamington Spa College.
- GCSE Grade C or above in English and Mathematics, or Level 2 equivalent qualification.
- Relevant qualification in Forgework or Blacksmithing
- Relevant practical experience
- Evidence of formal structured training in a relevant vocation
- Flexible, able to adapt to changing situations
- Experience of instructing
- Assessment qualifications D32/D33, A awards, or equivalents
Essential Skills and Knowledge
- Excellent organisational skills and an adaptable and flexible approach
- Good time-keeping and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work as a team member and to communicate effectively with students and colleagues
- Self-motivated and with an ability to motivate others
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
- Enthusiasm and ambition for personal and college development
- A confident personality with initiative, enthusiasm and a friendly and persuasive approach
For a full job description including duties and responsibilities of the role, please see the job description attached below.
Warwickshire College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.