Providing a life-enhancing education that develops the character, talents and potential of every child
ACHIEVEMENT ~ DIVERSITY ~ RESPECT
Salary: G09, from £27,344 per annum pro rata (actual salary £20,908 per annum)
Hours: 32.5 hours per week, term time only.
Required as soon as possible, a HLTA to develop and deliver resources, interventions and programmes to support students with Literacy. You will deliver high quality literacy support and intervention to small groups and individual students across Key Stages 3 and 4, organising and managing an appropriate learning environment and resources. This is great first level teaching support post, many of our previous successful applications have gone on to gain teaching qualifications and teaching in literacy.
You will work in close liaison with colleagues, other agencies and parents to create co-ordinated approaches to supporting individual students, monitoring their effectiveness and supporting colleagues in their implementation.
Cotham School is an extremely successful specialist co-operative academy that serves the local community, providing a high quality education for its students. We consistently deliver outstanding academic outcomes, amongst the best in the city and are determined to raise standards even further.
Cotham School is a great place to work. We’re a fantastic friendly team, proud of what we achieve and looking forward to welcoming new people to share in our achievements. Join us and you’ll receive a wide range of employee benefits including:
• a generous holiday allowance for support staff of 24 days, rising to 29 with service
• excellent work life balance with term time working arrangements
• excellent defined benefit pension schemes (Local government pension scheme)
• access to employee assistance programme and counselling sessions
• ongoing learning and development opportunities and access to the school CPD library
• at least 5 inset (training) days per annum with the provision of free onsite drinks and meals
• comprehensive induction process
• competitive salaries which are reviewed annually
• family friendly policies and wellbeing support initiatives
• access to on line reduced price access to gyms and health sessions
• access to staff sports
• option to participate in the cycle to work scheme
• on site free car parking (when available)
• free eye tests (VDU users) and free annual flu jab
As a diverse school community, we particularly welcome applicants from underrepresented groups with regards to ethnicity, gender, age and disability.
Cotham School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Further details can be found on our website.
Closing date: 17 April 2023 9 am
Interviews are likely to be held on: TBA
Cotham School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of appointment are conditional on the following:
• Enhanced DBS check
• Satisfactory completion of a Staff Disqualification Declaration form
• Confirmation that you are not subject to either a Prohibition Order or Interim Prohibition Order
• The receipt of at least 2 satisfactory references
• Verification of identity
• Verification of medical fitness
• Verification of qualifications
• Verification of QTS where required
• Verification that they are legally able to work in UK
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (ROA) 1974. The amendments to the ROA 1974 (Exceptions Order 1975, (amended 2013 and 2020)) provide that when applying for certain jobs and activities, certain spent convictions and cautions are ‘protected’, so they do not need to be disclosed to employers, and if they are disclosed, employers cannot take them into account .
Cotham School’s child protection policy and practices and policy on employment of ex-offenders in the application pack can be found on the School website.