Job Title: HR Advisor
Salary: £25,000 - £28,000 DOE plus benefits
Hours: 40 weeks per year, Tue-Fri, 24 hours pw
Location: Blended mix of home and office based at our site in Dorking
Do you want to make a difference and add value to the lives of young people?
With over 2,000 schools, 900 academies, and 180 multi-academy trusts in more than 130 local authorities, we are proud to be a leading and largest provider of consultancy support services and technology led solutions to schools within the education sector in the UK. We enable our clients to reduce their administrative costs, remain compliant with statutory responsibilities, and stay fully focused on improving the learning outcomes of their pupils.
We are currently looking to recruit HR Advisors, to join Advisory Service in delivering a remote range of HR advice and services to schools and other education establishments.
We can offer you great career opportunities and a salary and benefits to match. You will be provided with thorough support from our team of highly experienced and committed colleagues.
The role will involve:
- Provision of remote generalist professional HR information and advice to clients responding to, researching or referring queries as appropriate, so that clients receive good quality, timely, accurate and consistent HR advice.
- Provision of information and advice on a wide range of HR issues such as disciplinary, capability, grievance, absence management, recruitment, redundancy, restructuring, TUPE matters, advise on general people questions
- Supporting clients with DBS, pre-employment and Occupational Health checks and processes.
- Dealing with client enquiries promptly, making professional judgements on how best to advise on each situation.
- Ensuring that best practice is always followed in all aspects of HR advice and service delivery.
- Assisting with the production, development of resources and materials and delivery of training to our clients
- Occasional on-site support to clients.
What we are looking for:
- The ideal applicant will be CIPD qualified to a minimum of level 3, preferably level 5 or working towards it. The role would suit an HR practitioner keen to develop their HR career. We have a rolling programme of supporting with further CIPD study and professional qualification.
- Sound knowledge of employment legislation, excellent communication skills and a collaborative team worker.
- Ability to demonstrate drive and self-motivation as well as a strong work ethic.
- The ability to consult, influence and communicate clearly and concisely in writing and orally on both straightforward and at times complex or contentious staffing issues.
- Commitment to continuous professional development and excellent customer service.
- Ideally you will have previous experience of working in the education sector, whilst not essential some understanding of this sector and the challenges it faces would be beneficial.
The role is a blended mix of home and office working with occasional travel required to support our clients predominately in and around either Surrey/South London
Strictly Education 4S is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS certificate will be required for this role.