Background to the Post
Warwickshire College are looking to appoint an experienced practitioner to help provide high quality and effective job coaching, enabling students with SEN to be successful in their work placements as part of an internship programme.
The person would work with the Head of Supported Learning and the team to meet the needs of Supported Interns that are recruited as part of a programme offer in Supported Learning.
The post holder will be required to work with the teams and to ensure that the Intern is supported both in college and at their work placements.
The person appointed will support the interns, manage their day to day work placements, seek out new opportunities in conjunction with the work experience coordinator, support the intern at college one day per week, with delivery and assessment of the employability enable them to apply for any associated supporting finance such as Access to Work through the DWP and assist with application, interview and future employment opportunities.
Why Work With Us?
Imagine working for an employer that has a positive impact on the lives of thousands of students every year. That could be you.
We offer careers in teaching, educational support and pastoral care and brilliant opportunities within our professional Corporate and Commercial Services departments. The opportunities here are almost endless and can be full time, term time only, part time.
We are one of the largest higher and further education colleges in the country with just under 15,000 students and around 1,300 staff. That’s a lot of people and people are our key to success.
WCG has a comprehensive staff training program, offering leadership training for those wanting to progress and an employee health and wellbeing programme to support our staff when they need it most.
Place of Work: Pershore College
Our Pershore College centre is a national centre for horticulture situated on a 60-hectare site near Evesham., specialising in land-based learning. The college has also been producing award-winning fruit juice, craft cider, and perry for more than twenty years. Facilities for Pershore include commercial orchards, horticultural machinery and equipment and a dog grooming salon.
Pershore College is located on the outskirts of the thriving market town of Pershore in Worcestershire, just a few miles from Evesham.
- GCSE Grade C or above in English and Mathematics, or Level 2 equivalent qualification, or willingness to work towards once in post.
- Willingness to acquire appropriate qualifications in Training in Systematic Instruction (TSI)
- Working knowledge of information technology such as e-mail, the internet and other software applications.
- Excellent administrative and organisational skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Experience of working/teaching/supporting young people.
- Ability to work independently and to deadlines
Essential Skills and Knowledge:
- Good problem solving skills
- Excellent organisational and coordination skills
- Good communication skills both verbal and written
- Flexible and enthusiastic approach
- Ability to relate well with staff and students
- Ability to motivate students at all levels and from a wide range of programme areas
- Commitment to equal opportunities and to inclusive learning principles
- Ability to respond to the needs of students, colleagues and other relevant
- Commitment to high level of student achievement and to continuous quality improvement.
- IT literate
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding and knowledge of Equality and Diversity.
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding and knowledge of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults.
- Ability to demonstrate behaviours which support the Core Values of the College.
For a full job description including duties and responsibilities of the role, please see the job description attached below.
Warwickshire College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.