Kent College West Cairo are looking to appoint an excellent teacher of foundation subjects in Key Stage 1 and join a team of passionate and committed practitioners to teach pupils across the full age and ability range in KS1, in order to ensure the highest possible standards of pupil achievement, personal development and well-being.
- Contribute to the teaching of Foundation subjects (according to person appointed skills and interests).
- Observing, analysing and recording each child's progress in line with the school’s tracking procedures.
- Liaising with parents, guardians and colleagues regarding the children’s social, emotional and educational welfare and development.
- Contribute to the school’s busy extra curricular and events programme which is integral to the success of the school.
- Coordinate a subject within the curriculum, developing schemes of work and allocating resources.
The school has small classes with Teaching Assistants up to Year 4 and excellent facilities set within an idyllic environment.
- A good degree and QTS
- Outstanding and enthusiastic practitioner with relevant and appropriate teaching experience
- Previous experience working with in an educational environment
- Clear understanding of current best practice
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to work on own initiative as well as being a team player
- A commitment to quality and inclusive education
- The ability to inspire and enthuse young children and colleagues
- Energy, resourcefulness, responsibility, patience and a caring nature
- Good organisational skills
- Sense of humor
- Flexibility of thought, being able to adapt quickly to change
- Commitment to equal opportunities
- Commitment to the School Mission Statement
On starting you will report to the School Headmaster
Start Date: Your expected starting date is TBC, but not before Jan 2023
Salary: A competitive salary is offered based on years of experience
Pay rate for 2022-2023 as follows:
Total Annual Salary: GBP 33,000-35000 annual salary (6-7 yrs. teaching experience)
2750 – 2916 GBP monthly on average based on teacher qualification and number of years.
- This is based on the above calculations and will only be valid if proper documentation is provided.
- This amount will be paid in 12 equal installments at the end of each month, beginning from Jan 2023. The school will pay twenty percent (20%) of the Teacher’s salary in Egyptian Pounds at the applicable exchange rate on the date of payment, and the rest of the Teacher’s salary either in GBP or in US Dollars depending on the availability of the foreign currency. The school will be responsible for payment of any employment taxes owed to the Egyptian government.
- Housing allowance is provided.
- Transportation will be provided within 6th October area only.
- DBS check and references will be taken.
Benefits Summary (2022-2023) (Overseas Contract)
Subject to the Teacher having completed at least two full years of service, a gratuity is payable when the Teacher leaves at the end of the period of service. The gratuity is equivalent to 100% of the final basic monthly salary, not including allowances, multiplied by the number of years of service (pro-rated for partial years).
- Contract length: 2years
- Contract type Limited duration contract
- Start date 8th Jan 2023
- Relocation Package (if being offered) one off settlement allowance 600 USD
- Air flight will be provided
Kent College Canterbury is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people, and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Kent College staff and pupils are proud to be part of a welcoming international boarding community. We value diversity and promote equality at all levels, and we are passionate about attracting a diverse pool of applications through an inclusive appointment process. Reasonable adjustments will be made at each stage of this process for any candidate with a disability. We warmly welcome applications from professionals of all backgrounds and communities, regardless of ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion, and we particularly encourage applicants who identify as Black, Asian, or Minority Ethnic groups as these groups are currently underrepresented in our community.
Please note that we may prioritise applications from current Kent College redeployees. We will let you know if this post is to be filled by a redeployee as, in this instance, your application will unfortunately not be taken forward
Applications must be made via Kent College's online application system; CVs or details sent directly to the department or via email cannot be considered.