Are you a specialist practitioner with a proven track record of supporting and assessing learners? Do you have a comprehensive understanding of a wide range of LDD needs?
We are seeking to appoint a Learning Difficulties and/or Disabilities Manager who would be responsible for managing and supporting the implementation of a robust Additional Learning Support strategy to ensure that the curriculum and/or workplace is accessible for all learners with LDD.
The successful candidate will hold a relevant degree or professional qualification in the field of Inclusive Practice, Learning Support, SEND or LDD and they will either hold, or be willing to work towards a Level 7 qualification in SEND.
This position is home based but will require the successful candidate to travel throughout the South West region and work in partnership with a range of individuals and organisations, building positive relationships to support our learners.
Within the South West Region, we are the education provider in 9 prisons, and this role will support across all of these locations.
- Devon: HMP Channings Wood, HMP Exeter and HMP Dartmoor.
- Bristol/South Gloucestershire: HMP Bristol, HMP Leyhill and HMP Eastwood Park.
- Dorset: HMP The Verne, HMP Portland and HMP Guys Marsh.
When you join the team at Weston College, you will be joining a multi-award winning organisation which is one of the fasted growing colleges in the UK.
As an employee of Weston College you will have access to a huge range of benefits and support, including but not limited to:
- Wellbeing @ Weston hub, providing well-being support for all;
- A staff welfare officer;
- Confidential Employee Assistance Programme (available 24/7, 365 days a year);
- Access to Mental Health First Aiders, and the opportunity to complete this training yourself;
- Training and development opportunities;
- Great progression opportunities;
- Generous pension schemes.
Weston College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to obtain the appropriate prison clearance before starting the role.
Weston College Offender Learning Services is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.