Lecturer – HNC and BTEC Construction and the Built Environment
Salary: £28,616- £35,770
Contract: Full Time, Permanent
Location: Advanced Engineering Centre, Parkway
What will you be doing?
City of Bristol College is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and proactive lecturer to join our dedicated team in Construction Technologies. This is a permanent, Full-Time post in which you will be teaching on the BTEC Level 4 HNC and Level 3 BTEC Construction and the Built Environment courses.
We are looking for someone with experience of teaching the Construction and the Built Environment at Level 3 and, and with sound under-pinning knowledge of the course. Good Maths skills are essential.
A teaching qualification and experience in teaching/training would be a distinct advantage, though an attitude toward developing your teaching skills would be highly appreciated. The right person needs to be confident in working in a fast-paced environment, with changing priorities.
You will be a confident communicator with the ability to build and maintain excellent working relationships with Colleagues, Students and Stakeholders both internally and externally.
What we offer:
- A generous holiday entitlement of 35 holiday days (plus bank holidays and 10 closure days)
- Membership to the Teachers’ Pension Scheme with employer contributions of 23.68%
- Up to 30% off courses with the University of the West of England
- Great discounts on hair and beauty treatments offered on site
- Family-friendly policies including flexible working, compassionate leave, maternity, paternity and adoption leave, parental leave and job share
- Excellent facilities including study centres, City Salon, multi-faith prayer rooms, bike storage, City Restaurant (situated at College Green and at SBSA), refectories
- Cycle to work scheme
- A variety of online shopping discounts and offers and cash health plan
- Plus a supportive package to ensure continuous professional development.
Please see our Staff Benefits Booklet for more information.
At City of Bristol College, we have one goal: to help our students succeed. We offer the widest range of academic and vocational qualifications in the area, with more than 1,000 courses available from entry to degree level. We provide education and training to approximately 12,000 students each year. The College is made up of five centres across Bristol and each centre offers excellent, well-equipped, purpose-built facilities. In addition, we have a wide range of community partners allowing us to offer courses in venues across the city. More information about the College can be found on our website.
We are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves and succeed. We aspire to have a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join us.
City of Bristol College is committed to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults. All new employees to the College are required to complete and obtain an enhanced DBS disclosure. A copy of our Safeguarding Policy can be found on the College website.
Please see the Job Description and Person Specification, Conditions of Service and Applicant Information for more information.
Closing date: Sunday 12th February 2023
Interview date: TBC