The Successful Candidate
Little Mead Primary Academy are looking to appoint a Level 2 Teaching Assistant to work across the school in Early Years, Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2.
The role will include a mixture of class-based activities and small group interventions, including 1:1 work. It will also include delivering specific interventions and an individualised curriculum to SEND pupils in line with their EHCPs, working under the direction of the class teacher and external agencies.
Your daily routine may involve:
- Working 1-to-1 with a named child, enabling them to access all areas of the curriculum and work towards developmental milestones, as directed by the class teacher.
- Meeting and greeting the child at the beginning of the day.
- Sharing successes and key information with parents/carers.
- Liaising and feeding back to the class teacher daily successes and areas for development.
- Delivering speech and language sessions with a clear focus and providing incremental steps for success.
- Providing personal, social, welfare, emotional and behavioural support.
- Facilitating social communication and interaction with peers both in the playground and in the classroom.
- Taking an active interest in the needs and welfare of the children.
- Talking clearly and concisely to ensure instructions are understood and followed.
- Supporting with intimate care and changing.
- Working alongside teaching staff, parents and a range of professionals on a regular basis to implement and review programmes of intervention.
We are looking for someone who has:
- High expectations of all children and themselves
- A commitment to improving outcomes for children
- A positive attitude and a flexible and enthusiastic approach to their work
We can offer the right candidates:
- Term time hours 3 days a week - 8.30am-3.30pm
- The opportunity to be part of a lovely team
- Competitive rates of pay and pension scheme
- Free access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Opportunities for career development within the Trust
The roles may be suitable for those who have experience of working with SEN children in their home or work lives. Please see the person specification for full expectations of the successful applicant.
Endeavour Academy Trust is an inclusive and collaborative group of schools in North Bristol. There are currently four Endeavour schools: Little Mead Primary Academy, Henbury Court Primary Academy, Fonthill Primary Academy and Charlton Wood Primary Academy.
This is an exciting time to work for Endeavour Academy Trust. We have committed to measured and sustainable growth, which will enable us to create a group of excellent schools with ambition for every child.
Our Offer to Staff
We invest heavily in the tailored professional development of our staff with opportunities to develop expertise and experience across the Trust. Our focus on collaboration means that everyone is part of a team. Within Endeavour, we develop our own teams. If you are ambitious and prepared to work hard we will support your career development and help you to be successful.
As proof of our commitment to staff retention and development, we offer enhanced terms and conditions of employment (compared to standard teacher/local authority entitlements), a friendly working environment with supportive leadership, and encourage our staff to maintain a positive work-life balance.
As a minimum, we offer the following benefits to all employees:
- paid induction and training suited to the role;
- tailored career progression through a performance management cycle for all staffing groups;
- free tea, coffee and milk;
- confidential access to an Employee Assistance Programme;
- free parking;
- use of the Cycle Scheme;
- paid completion of a DBS check;
- flu vaccination vouchers;
- free eye tests (where the employee is desk-based);
- where eligible, automatic enrolment to the relevant pension scheme;
- honouring of continuous service earned in the Local Authority;
Guidance for Applicants
- Please note that CVs will not be considered.
- Look carefully at the job description and person specification before applying for this role.
- Ensure that you cross-reference the person specification throughout your application with examples of where you have fulfilled aspects of the job description and the impact it had
- Please complete all sections of the application form as thoroughly as possible.
- Ensure that you put details of referees. If you have concerns about the suitability of a referee, please contact the recruiter directly.
Please note this is rolling advert and suitable applicants may be invited to interview prior to the closing date.
Little Mead Primary Academy is part of the Endeavour Academy Trust, which is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. You can find our Child Protection Policy on the trust's website:
We particularly welcome applications from under-represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.