Level 3 Teaching Partner
Our brand-new school opened in September 2019 to 90 Reception and Year 1 children – this year we have 270 children on roll across Reception to Year 4.
At Charlton Wood, we teach for mastery through explicit instruction because we believe that every child can be successful when given the right amount of time and high quality, impactful instruction.
In order to support you to deliver our pedagogical approach, we offer a comprehensive professional development package for all members of staff.
We currently have a permanent vacancy for a L3 Teaching Assistant to support our pupils. The person appointed into this role will:
- Provide support for individual SEND pupils with specific needs in class
- Take a lead role in specific interventions in school for example SEMH or Sensory (this will be dependent on the knowledge, skills and experience of the appointed candidate
- Provide PPA cover once a week in a specified year group
This is a really exciting opportunity for a TA who is looking to develop their skills and positively impact practice in a new setting.
We are looking for someone who:
- wants to support pupils who have SEND
- has previous experience working as an LSA/ Teaching Partner
- has a proven track record of leading groups or supporting individuals who have additional needs
- has knowledge and experience of working in EYFS/ KS1
- is able to use a wide range of teaching strategies to inspire children so that they are highly engaged in their learning
- has excellent behaviour management skills
- is proactive in their approach to professional development and is willing to act quickly on feedback
We can offer the right candidates:
- a brand-new fully resourced building with beautiful grounds
- a supportive leadership team with a proven track record of whole school improvement
- a bespoke training plan to enable you to progress in your career including weekly CPD
- extremely supportive parents who are keen for their children to do well
- access to an Employee Assistance Programme
Hours of work are 36.5 hours per week - 08:00am-3:30pm + Wednesdays until 5pm for staff training including own PPA time. This post is term-time only plus INSET days.
Conversations with the Head Teacher are warmly welcomed prior to application. If you would like to find out more information about the school or the role, please contact the Head Teacher by telephoning the school office. Further information about the school can also be found on our school website:
Information about Endeavour Academy Trust
Endeavour is a forward looking Multi Academy Trust. We currently have four very popular schools, Henbury Court Primary Academy, Little Mead Primary Academy, Fonthill Primary Academy in North Bristol and Charlton Wood Primary Academy in South Gloucestershire. Endeavour Academy Trust is an inclusive and collaborative group of schools with ambition for every child, and where every child can achieve the highest possible standard.
Endeavour teachers and LSAs receive strong professional support with opportunities to develop across the trust. Our focus on collaboration means that everyone is part of a team. Within Endeavour, we develop our own leaders. If you are ambitious and prepared to work hard, we will support your career development and help you to be successful.
Closing date: Friday 7th October
Interviews: Week beginning 10th October
Charlton Wood Primary Academy is
part of the Endeavour Academy Trust, which is committed to safeguarding and
promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and
expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. You can find our
Child Protection Policy on the trust's website: http://www.endeavouracademytrust.org.uk
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity,
gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.