Required – ASAP
Salary scale Pay Level 5 (12-23), fringe
£25,950 to £31,153 depending on experience
Mon – Thurs 8am-4.30pm Fri 8am-4pm (37 hours) 52 weeks with flexibility considered
We are looking to appoint a Payroll/Finance Officer to be responsible for the central payroll function for all schools within Slough and East Berkshire Multi Academy Trust.
Slough and East Berkshire Church of England Multi-Academy Trust (SEBMAT) has been established to form a group of schools which can support each other to ensure the best possible outcomes for the young people in Slough and the nearby areas. It includes primary and secondary schools and has a Christian ethos.
Main responsibilities for this post:
• Ensuring that all employees are paid correctly and on time.
• Addressing and resolving all employee payroll and pension issues.
• Ensuring all relevant returns relating to payroll and pensions are submitted accurately in a timely manner.
• Maintaining various payroll and pension spreadsheets / databases and all relevant backup required for year-end statutory returns and audit purposes.
• Finance and admin tasks for SEBMAT schools to be carried out as requested by the Finance Director including assistance with closing of accounts and statutory reporting requirements.
The successful candidate will have excellent Excel, Word and other Microsoft package knowledge. The ability to adapt and learn the use of software packages unique to schools such as FMS.
Applicants must demonstrate the flexibility to work efficiently in a busy and fast moving environment, attention to detail and the ability to work to deadlines.
A good understanding of Finance procedures is essential although specific system training will be given to the right candidate. Previous experience of working in a payroll/finance environment is essential for this role and school experience would be desirable.
We are, or course, committed to safeguarding the welfare of our students and staff and will conduct all necessary DBS checks as part of our recruitment process.
We look forward to hearing from you.
If you would like to contribute to our exciting future please contact our HR Advisor, Beverly Glanville for an application form or visit our website in the vacancy section for further details and application pack. CV’s alone will not be accepted as a valid application.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Closing date: Friday 2nd December 2022 (9am)
Interviews: w/c Monday 5th December 2022
Slough and East Berkshire CofE Multi Academy Trust (SEBMAT) is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.