Primary Tutor (with QTS)
Salary: £25 per hour
Start date: As soon as possible
Contract: Casual (As and when required Monday - Friday)
Closing Date: 05/02/2023
Interview: To be confirmed
New Horizons Primary School is currently seeking to appoint a Primary Tutor on a casual contract. We are looking for someone who has the drive, passion and skills to work at our primary academy based in Portsmouth.
The successful candidate will provide additional tutoring to our students on a 1:1 or small group basis to help cover any areas identified by the class teacher for development. You will create a bespoke learning plan for students based on feedback from teachers and the Senior Leadership Team. The plans will vary in length depending on the students need and you will create engaging sessions thought the duration of the booking.
Our school is a friendly, welcoming place with children who are full of energy and life. Learning is at the heart of what we do and we believe that all children enjoy their time at school.
“Pupils behave well in class and feel safe. They listen to teachers and to each other attentively, respecting the views of others” – Ofsted
At New Horizons we strive to make a positive difference, each and every day together!
At New Horizons Primary School, we are a proud member of the Thinking Schools Academy Trust. This enables us to create a unique offer for children: an "all-through" educational journey in which they remain with the same family of schools throughout their education.
New Horizons Primary School is one of five primary schools and one secondary school in Portsmouth to benefit from Thinking Schools' award-winning resources, curriculum, and collaboration opportunities.
What you will need to succeed:
For a full list of responsibilities please see the attached job description and person specification
- Be a qualified KS1/KS2 Teacher
- Have a minimum of 2 years teaching/ tutoring experience
- Be committed to contributing to our fully inclusive school, being proactive in adjusting support for pupils
- Plan and deliver individual tutoring sessions for your students to match their areas identified for improvement
- Develop teaching or training materials
- Identify areas for improvement by creating bespoke learning plans based on a students development needs
- Make sure students are prepared to an exam standard, assess any barriers to students' study progress
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the curriculum and qualification frameworks and use relevant and up to date tutoring methods and techniques
- Keep learner records, produce progress reports and make sure all relevant stakeholders are updated accordingly
Thinking Schools Academy Trust
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust is a family of schools consisting of both primary and secondary schools across Kent, Hampshire and Plymouth.
We believe that every young person in our community deserves to have the best opportunities at life regardless of their individual circumstances.
Education is the key to transforming life chances and we support and develop every member of our community to:
- Think about their Thinking
- Be their Best self
- Shape their Success
In this way we transform life chances
What you will get from our Trust:
- The opportunity to work with and support happy and well-behaved children who are excited about learning and work with parents who are supportive of our school values and ethos.
- Vast support network from senior leaders and colleagues within the school and our Trust including excellent CPD opportunities and career pathways
- Benefit from an internationally accredited pedagogy approach to thinking and learning, which has been proven to enhance classroom practice
- Health and Wellbeing benefits including access to Thinking You - A 24/7 employee assistance programme for legal, financial, emergency health or lifestyle support
- As a Trust we aim to foster a culture of appreciation with our fantastic Colleague recognition scheme
If you are interested in working in our school, benefitting from a supportive network of teachers across our large academy and our Trust and you are keen to progress your career, then please apply today!
Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy if a suitable candidate is found.
To arrange an informal telephone conversation or tour of the school please contact Gemma Muscat, Office Manager on gemma.muscat @ newhorizonsprimary.tsat.uk
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check. As per KCSIE we will also undertake online searches for all shortlisted candidates, if you have any questions regarding this process please email recruitment @ tsatrust.org.uk
Isambard Brunel Junior School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.