Teacher of Professional Construction
Reference: SCCG2492 | Closing Date: 05/02/2023 | Interview Date: W/C 13/02/2023
Salary: £24,224 - £40,119 per annum. Incremental progression throughout the band is available
Contract Type: Permanent | Hours per Week: 1.0 FTE | Location: Dakota Avenue, Salford, M50 2PU
About the Role
The Digital Department is looking to appoint a suitably qualified, dynamic Teacher of Professional Construction. The successful applicant will be able to teach across a range of subjects in Construction and the Built Environment at Level 3
It is essential for candidates to possess expertise in a variety of subjects and have an excellent understanding of the Industry , teaching and assessment. It would be advantageous to have experience teaching on BTEC Level 3 Construction courses. It is preferable that applicants have a related degree and a teaching qualification, although we will consider candidates who can demonstrate significant Industry experience and ability to teach content and assess effectively.
We also require applicants to have:
- Relevant industry experience in Construction
- Be able to undertake subjects such as Science an d Materials, Surveying, Principles of Structural Design and Construction Information
- The ability to utilize new technologies in teaching and learning
Successful candidates must have an absolute commitment to high standards and delivering an outstanding
experience and outcome for learners. You will be committed to excellence in teaching and learning with a demonstrable track record.
Reasons to Join Us:
- Sixth Form College’s Association style terms and conditions (195 days) and automatic enrolment into the Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- A range of developmental & career opportunities including a dedicated hour per week for CPD
- Staff Benefits Package with the best discounts and savings for high street retailers, holidays and cinemas
- Various health & wellbeing benefits including discounted gym memberships, confidential staff counselling and health cash plan s
- Dedicated staff wellbeing days throughout the year
- Family Friendly & Flexible Working Policies
- 3 pm finish o n Fridays
Commitment to Safeguarding
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and as part of our safeguarding commitment we undertake DBS
checks as part of our pre employment procedures on all potential new employees
The College strives to be a diverse and inclusive community and welcomes applications from people from all backgrounds.
FutureSkills at MediaCityUK is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.