Christ’s College are seeking a part-time Receptionists/Office Administrator to join the office team in our supportive friendly school in Guildford, Surrey.
The Receptionist/Office Administrator role is unique and varied and requires a team player who is flexible to meet the wide range of expectations placed upon them. The successful candidate will manage the College's reception facility and be consistent, professional and highly organised and provide a welcoming and efficient first point of contact on behalf of the College.
The position is for 24 hours per week, worked Monday to Wednesday 8am-4.30pm (half an hour unpaid lunch), 39 weeks a year.
The role is for an immediate start and is offered at GST C1-C6 £18,949-£21,683 (Full time equivalent).
Christ’s College is an exciting place to work with dedicated staff, positive students and supportive parents. Our last inspection was in October 2022 with a very strong ‘Good’ in all areas judgement being made. The report highlighted the inclusivity of the school,
“Where students are known as individuals, challenged and supported to achieve their goals in a culture of high aspirations.”
“Positive relationships and respect underpin the calmness and cooperation in classrooms … promoting pupils’ wellbeing is at the heart of its Christian values.”
We are looking for highly motivated aspirational colleagues to join us at this exciting time in working to make Christ’s College even better.
At Christ's College there is a strong emphasis on sustaining and raising achievement. There is a genuine commitment to professional development.
Our values are:
These values make Christ’s College a positive and inclusive community in which all students feel safe, valued and part of the family. Our college aims to serve our community by providing a fully inclusive education of the highest quality within the context of Christian belief and practice. At Christ’s College we believe a great values driven education has the power to transform futures. If you are looking for an exciting place to work with dedicated staff, positive learners and supportive parents then join us.
Advantages of working at Christ’s College:
- There is a real sense of belonging, camaraderie and mutual respect amongst the whole community
- The parents and governors are very supportive of the College and appreciative of the work we are doing
- The children want to do their best and will work hard as they respect their teachers’ knowledge and commitment
- The staff are dedicated, skilful and hard-working
- There are good opportunities for internal promotion in a growing school which has a tradition of acknowledging and rewarding hard work
- As a relatively small school which offers a full suite of extra-curricular activities, it is easy to be involved in a wide range of enrichment activities in Sport, Performing Arts and elsewhere.
- All staff are able to join Surrey Benefits, which offers a range of discounts on activities and things including shopping, holidays and cinema tickets.
Please note that CVs will not be accepted. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Christ's College is a school within The Good Shepherd Trust. The Good Shepherd Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for this position.
Candidates will be assessed as their application is received, and we reserve the right to interview earlier than the stated vacancy closure date should we receive candidates who are suitable for the vacancy.