Come questioning, go seeking, grow.
RESPONISBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Develop the performance analysis programme for the whole Rugby programme at The Henley College
- Enhance Coach and player feedback through the provision of analytical interventions that support player development
- Plan Rugby coaching sessions with the coaches to understand the needs of the coaches to best analyse the session thereafter
- Film and analyse both individual and team sessions for the assigned squads
- Analyse opposition teams and establish/develop tactical SWOT analysis of teams with the Rugby Coaches
- Work with Coaches to prepare team meetings, reviews and presentations
- Provide coaches and players trend analysis information to advance the identification and interpretation of player development
- Responsible for student welfare who are living in our Halls of Residency
- Sleep at the college site during the week acting as the responsible adult on site
- Ensure students are behaving within the agreed values and behaviours set out by the college Rugby staff
- Support with any transport requirements to and from the halls to
- Report any behavioural issues to Head of Rugby or Curriculum Lead
- To identify personal and professional staff development needs to meet the College’s Strategic Plan.
- To ensure continuous professional development (CPD) requirements as specified by the College and that may be identified during College processes, for example Appraisal.
- To participate in the College Appraisal Scheme.
- To maintain awareness of the requirements of the College Health and Safety Policy and to be responsible for ensuring that the duties and responsibilities detailed in the College Health and Safety Policy are adhered to and carried out.
- To read and apply the College Safeguarding and Prevent procedures and to ensure that the duties and responsibilities detailed in the College Safeguarding Policy and Prevent Duty Policy are adhered to and carried out.
- To read the College Single Equality Scheme and to act in accordance with statutory obligations under the equality duties and in compliance with current Equality and Diversity legislation.
- To ensure adherence to the College Data Protection Policy.
- To work to the College quality standards and systems within the context of the College quality systems.
- To undertake such other duties and responsibilities as are appropriate to this level of post, including any reasonable request made by Head of Faculty or Senior Leadership Team.
Essential skills and Characteristics
- Minimum of two years’ experience of Performance analysis and coaching process
- Experience of using Video cameras and recording equipment to capture training and match footage
- Filming sport for analysis purposes
- Excellent knowledge of video analysis software such as NacSport
- Excellent IT skills, specifically using Microsoft Word, Excel & Powerpoint
- UK Driving License
- Excellent communication skills with people of all levels as well as interpersonal skills & able to problem solve with/between students;
- Flexible and adaptable approach to working hours
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently
- Ability to deal well with pressure and multi – task
- Full Drivers license essential and willing to drive mini bus
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
Tenure of post: Permanent, All year Round
Hours of work: 37 hours per week
Salary: £19,242.00 per annum
Annual leave: 20 days annual leave per leave year (1 September to 31 August), plus 8 bank holidays and up to 4 College Closure days.
Pension: Local Government Pension Scheme (optional). This is an employee
and employer contributory pension scheme.
The Henley College is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
The Henley College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of learners and expects all staff to share this commitment. This position is subject to a satisfactory Enhanced DSB (previously CRB) check.
The Henley College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.