SEN Teaching Assistant – Fixed term until 31st July 2023
SCP Grade 3 - £21,575 - £21,968 (pro-rata)
11 hours – Monday to Friday mornings
Combe Down Primary School are looking to recruit a SEND Teaching Assistant to support a child in Year 5
with an Education, Health Care Plan. We are looking for a warm, caring individual who can offer an
exceptional level of care and foster the child’s independence.
Experience of working with children who have had the following needs would be beneficial:
- Social and emotional difficulties
- Speech and language difficulties
- Physical and sensory needs.
We are looking for someone to motivate, support and encourage the pupil to fully access the curriculum
and school life.
The successful applicants will need to:
- Be a team player
- Inspire and motivate children
- Have high expectations and excellent classroom practice
- Have a desire to improve their own practice further.
- Be willing to embrace, support and develop the Christian ethos of our school. In return, we are proud to offer you:
- Enthusiastic children
- Willing, hardworking staff team
- Supportive parents who are keen to be involved
- A strong team of governors
- CPD across the Trust
Closing date: Friday 14th April 2023 at 9am
Interview date: Week beginning 17th or 24th April 2023 – to be confirmed
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We follow safer recruitment practices and appointments are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Combe Down CofE Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We particularly welcome applications from underrepresented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.