Part Time 4 days per week
Fixed Term Contract until April 2023
£34,062 - £39,489 per annum, salary pro rata from £42,053 - £48,753 - Salary depending on experience and qualifications
Based across the St Albans and Welwyn Garden City Campus
An opportunity has arisen for someone to take on an exciting, diverse and challenging role within the College. Due to the ongoing emphasis within the SEN reforms and the continued focus on the Education and Health Care Plan, there is a need for someone with enthusiasm, vision and excellent organisational skills to manage the EHCP consultation, reviews and support with EAA assessments. Experience within the field of Learning Difficulties and Disabilities essential.
Manage Educational, Health and Care Plan process
Support the ILS Manager with High Needs Funding Applications
Represent the College at Local Authority Panels to assist with panel decisions
Ensure EHCP paperwork is completed to required standard
Deliver training on EHCP across the College
To provide high level specialist guidance, assessment and access arrangements alongside devising individualised support plans for students.
Mentor and advise members of the ILS team. Work with the Heads of Department to ensure that the curriculum area meets college objectives and statutory requirements.
To complete EHCP consultations in timescale specified by local authority.
To be considered for this role you should have the following
• Has a Level 2 qualification in English, maths and IT
• Experience of learning support in Key stage 3-4
• Holds and an Assessment Practicing Certificate for Exam Arrangements
• SENCO qualification
• Relevant Level 5 qualification e.g. teaching related, specific learning difficulties etc. audit requirements.
• Knowledge of EHCP Process
Closing date: Sunday 2nd October – The advert may close before the closing date; early applications are advised.
Interview Date to be confirmed
WHAT WE OFFER
• Automatic entry into the Local government pension scheme
• Generous annual leave – 30 days plus 8 days bank holiday
• Excellent CPD opportunities to grow and development through mentorship and coaching.
• Free onsite parking
• Subsidised onsite restaurant
• A cycle scheme and discounted gym membership.
We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and communities, and we particularly welcome applicants who are currently underrepresented in our workforce. This includes but is not limited to Black, Asian, and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates and disabled candidates.