SEN/D Job Coach
Full time and Part time
£16,000 to £18,562
(For full time all year-round staff, we are offering a Welcome Bonus of £500* (*T&C's apply) – Pro rata to FTE)
At Nescot College, we are looking for part-time and Full- time term time SEN/D coaches to support students with learning difficulties and /or disabilities whilst in work experience or supported internship programmes.
- Supporting individuals or small groups in the workplace
- Use initiative and discretion to develop their employability skills
- Visit host employers and arrange internship workplace visits
- Monitor individuals’ wellbeing in the workplace
What we’re looking for:
As a SEN/D coach you will be motivated, organised and inspirational in order to support students effectively. Alongside, creating strong working relationships with interns, parents, employers and students. The candidate will have experience working with young people with SEN/D. A ‘can-do’ attitude is essential alongside a strong belief in the programme’s ethos. You will have excellent interpersonal communication skills, understanding of business practice and an energetic and flexible approach.
Some of the employers are based locally, others are further afield and may involve travelling with the interns to their place of work. You will then accompany them back to Nescot.
Benefits at Nescot:
- A discounted on-site gym, sports hall, fitness classes, osteopathy and day nursery
- 5-minute walk from Ewell East Station
- A choice of catering facilities including a Starbucks on-site
- A modern hair and beauty salon on-site offering employee discounts
- Free online qualifications
- Free parking on-site
At Nescot, we’re proud of our inclusive culture and we welcome all applications.
This role is employed through Nescot Enterprises Ltd, a wholly owned subsidiary of Nescot which operates different terms and conditions.
Interviews will be held as and when candidates apply
Nescot is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of learners and expects all staff to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening including checks with past employers and enhanced DBS clearance.