Parklands Educate Together Primary is a two-form entry school, part of Educate Together Academy Trust that also has schools in Keynsham, Bath, Bristol and Swindon. We have a unique, ethical ‘Learn Together’ curriculum which runs alongside the National Curriculum and EYFS.
All our schools operate under the following shared principles:
- Equitable – all children have equal rights of access to the school and children of all social, cultural, and religious backgrounds are equally respected.
- Co-Educational – all children are encouraged to explore their full range of abilities and opportunities.
- Child – centred – we always put the children at the heart of every decision and activity. If it is not in the interest of the children’s learning or welfare, then why do it?
- Democratically run – we encourage active participation of parents, children, and the community in the daily life of the school whilst positively affirming the professional role of the teachers.
We are looking for an inspiring SENDCo to join our school to provide the best education for our children by ensuring they are supported, engaged, and inspired in their learning. The successful candidate will have a passion for SEND and experience in supporting vulnerable children. The role is initially a maternity cover for two days a week, however as the school is growing at a fast pace, there is a possibility that the role will continue after the return of the substantive post-holder as we will need the capacity within the leadership team.
We are looking for someone who:
- Is an outstanding practitioner and qualified SENDCo
- Is innovative and inspirational
- Has excellent people skills and the ability to lead, motivate, inspire and support colleagues.
- Can work effectively with all stakeholders, particularly parents.
- Has a sound knowledge of the SEND code of practice.
- Is committed to the ETAT ethos and values
- Can work supportively and collaboratively
- Is able to lead, challenge and motivate children and colleagues
We can offer:
- A chance to work in an inclusive, vibrant, and supportive community
- A supportive senior leadership team and wider staff body within the ETAT Schools
- The support of a Senior Inclusion Adviser who works across the Trust
- Relevant CPD opportunities to support your development
Closing date is Wednesday 8th February at 9am.
Interviews will be held week beginning 20th February.
The successful candidate will start in term 5.
Parklands Educate Together is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.