Part-Time SENDCo 3 Days a week (non-class based) or SENDCo 3 Days (non-class based) + 2 days teaching responsibility.
Pay Grade M3 – UPS3 + TLR2
(Salary negotiations possible dependent on experience and skillset)
To begin: September 2023
West Town Lane’s Governing Board, wishes to appoint an outstanding SENDCO to be part of our Senior Leadership Team.
Your letter of application should be no more than 2 sides of A4 and should address the key requirements in the person specification.
West Town Lane is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and the successful candidate will be required to carry out an enhanced DBS check.
We are looking for someone who has:
- Proven leadership skills.
- Experience of successfully leading teams and driving school improvement.
- Will work alongside our Assistant SENDCo to support pupils with SEND across the school.
Candidates should have:
- Experience of working with children with Special Educational Needs and those who have English as an additional language.
- Knowledge of the SEND Code of Practice and the National Curriculum.
- The ability to support and oversee the work of teaching assistants who assist SEND children and those with EAL.
- The necessary communication skills to liaise with a variety of staff and external agencies.
- The willingness to complete the NASENCo Accreditation
Visits to the school are welcomed, but not a requirement. A tour of the school will take place on Tuesday 18th April , please ring and book a place with our school office.
West Town Lane Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff and volunteers are expected to share this commitment and all appointments will be subject to appropriate vetting, including an enhanced DBS disclosure check. Some roles may need to comply with the Childcare Act 2006, and the Childcare (Disqualification) Regulations 2018 where additional disclosure of information will be required. We particularly welcome applications from underrepresented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation, or religion.