Grade G, £24,948 - £26,845 pa, pro rata, (£22,458 - £24,166 pa, actual) (DOE)
37 hours a week, term time only (plus three weeks)
The Senior Caretaker is responsible for leading the school caretakers in the day-to-day, medium-term and long-term maintenance of the Wellington Primaries, ensuring that they provide an appropriate safe and secure environment for the education of students and the safe, comfortable, and effective work of all the staff, contractors, and other visitors.
They will also lead the Primary Academies Premises Team to ensure the site is a safe and secure environment for all students, staff, and visitors, ensuring it is in a good state of repair and appearance, including all buildings, facilities, roads, pathways, grounds, and gardens.
Knowledge & Experience
- Essential Strong communication skills to be able to communicate effectively with all sections of the school community.
- D.I.Y skills to undertake day-to-day repairs and maintenance of the school buildings.
- Understanding of the principles of health and safety in a school environment.
- Ability to work well as part of a team or individually as required.
- Ability to perform the physical tasks required by the post, including lifting, carrying and pushing.
- Willing to undertake training in relevant policies and procedures, including Health & Safety (e.g., COSHH, Fire Safety and PAT testing).
- Ability to work amongst young people with behavioural, emotional, and social difficulties.
- Ability to liaise with visitors, contractors, and others in a diplomatic manner Basic computer skills.
- Willingness to work flexible hours when required.
- Full clean driving license
Why choose us?
The Wellington Lions Primary Academy is an ambitious, growing, and inclusive 4-11 primary school, with a Nursery for 2-4 year olds. We are based on the edge of the beautiful Salisbury Plain, along with The Wellington Eagles Primary Academy, based in Ludgershall and this gives scope for a variety of professional development opportunities for our staff across the two schools. Both schools are proud members of the Ascend Learning Trust.
We also offer an excellent staff benefit package which includes discounts on high street stores, restaurants, cinemas and gyms as well as having a wellbeing hub and a cycle to work scheme. Examples of great discounts currently on offer include:
Examples of great discounts currently on offer include:
- 10% off eyewear.
- 20% off gym membership.
- 25% off monthly subscription to online gym memberships.
- Hundreds of offers and discounts and cashback on local and national stores.
- On site flu vaccinations.
- Teachers and Wiltshire Pension scheme.
- Generous annual leave for support staff up to 30 days (plus eight Bank Holidays per year).
We look forward to receiving your application, if you have not heard from us by the interview date, you may assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Unfortunately, we are unable to offer feedback on individual applications that are not shortlisted for interview.
Ascend Learning Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We particularly welcome applications from under-represented groups, including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual-orientation or religion.
Please note any position that involves working with children requires declaration of ALL convictions/cautions regardless of whether these are deemed as spent and a DBS check will be carried out before any employment commences.
In line with KCSIE 2022 and safer recruitment practices, the school will conduct an online search for all shortlisted candidates. The online search is part of our safeguarding checks and will seek publicly available information on candidates’ suitability to work with children. Shortlisted candidates will be provided with further guidance and will be asked to clarify their online presence.
References will be obtained before interview at shortlisting stage and may be used in the interview process. If previous employment has included working with children, then at least one referee must be from this employment, regardless of whether this is the current or most recent employment, any gaps in employment must be detailed and an explanation provided in the relevant section.