Sessional Lecturer’s in Counselling (Lv5) CPCAB Level 5 – Children and Young People
£30.62 to £36.39 per hour (DOE)
(£25.23 + £5.39 holiday pay - £29.98 + £6.41 holiday pay)
Due to growth in demand in our exceptional courses, we require additional tutors to deliver Level 4 programmes. We require the following:
Lead tutor – September - June. 10 months. 3 hours each week over 10 months. 5:30pm - 8:30pm Wednesday.
o Required - 2 years teaching and assessing at level 2 and 3 or above. Current practitioner with 2 years’ supervised counselling practice or minimum 450 counselling hours.
o Teaching qualification or working towards.
o Desirable - a supervision qualification or 1 year experience of providing supervision to groups or individuals in a counselling setting.
Co-tutor - Co tutor needed once a month, for duration of 10 months from September - June (3 hours on a Wednesday evening).
o 1 year teaching and assessing at level 2 and 3 or above. Current supervised counselling practice with a minimum of 6 months post-qualifying practice experience.
Applicants need to have the following credentials:
• Hold a counselling qualification at level 5 or above in Children and Young People’s Counselling
• Be a member of a profession association of counselling or psychotherapy (i.e. BACP or UKCP)
• Be able to evidence CPD, a minimum of 30 hours and committed to continue professional development
• To hold a minimum of a Level 3 Award in Education and Training or be working towards this or another teaching qualification
• Willingness to work with co-tutors and in the wider tutor team
• Available to attend termly / quarterly team meeting outside of teaching hours
• Passion and interest in developing students and the counselling profession
The courses in BCOT are Integrative so experience and knowledge of a variety of counselling modalities would be advantageous, with ideally a person centered/humanistic foundation.
We will start to review applications 7 days after the vacancy is advertised. Interviews will be arranged as and when after this date, so please do not delay in applying.
- Pension scheme: Teachers Pension.
- Generous annual leave entitlement, bank holidays (plus Christmas closure.) Retail Benefits scheme, free onsite parking, refectory/coffee shop, Gym and staff wellbeing day.
- DBS check is payable by candidate.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the College is therefore permitted to ask job applicants to declare all convictions and cautions (including those which are "spent" unless they are "protected" under the DBS filtering rules) in order to assess their suitability to work with children.
Basingstoke College of Technology, located in North Hampshire, is a leading and well respected further education provider. The college prides itself on its excellent links with business and the success of its learners in securing positive destinations.
Basingstoke is an expanding town with a thriving economy and excellent transport links. The college was rated ‘good with outstanding features’ in May 2016 by Ofsted and is committed to becoming an ‘outstanding’ provider. Our financial health has consistently been rated ‘outstanding’ over the last 10 years by the Education and Skills Funding Agency.
BCoT is a significant provider of apprenticeships and we have set ambitious growth targets.
BCoT is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome enquiries from everyone and value diversity in our workforce.