To provide a high-quality estates service which includes security, cleaning, supervision of mechanical services, maintenance of plant, fixtures, fittings, grounds and any other task to ensure uninterrupted service to college staff and customers for the college.
Acting as a College ambassador at all times, the Site Officer will ensure a safe, clean, secure and welcoming learning environment for staff, students and visitors, liaising with individuals and teams within the College, agencies and community groups.
Your main duties and responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to the following areas:
- Security of Premises and Contents
- Monitor student behaviour, intervening and managing behaviours when appropriate, promoting a positive College ethos at all times, reporting inappropriate behaviour to a duty manager in person and through an electronic reporting system.
- Be an integral part of the cross-College Student Services and monitor student behaviour, take appropriate action and deal with any inappropriate behaviour, following College procedures, in liaison with relevant members of College staff.
- Reacting immediately to incidents and disturbances. Use a range of interventions to resolve conflict successfully including effective mediation strategies.
- Attend to any matters of trespass, theft, vandalism or unauthorised persons on premises or indication of above and report to the Estates Team Leader. Subject to rota, act as the nominated key holder and attend to alarm activations if Business Watch need support.
- Make disciplinary referrals where appropriate, completes incident reports, keeps records of disciplinary cases and provides evidence for disciplinary hearings as and when needed.
- Regularly undertake patrols to monitor security and reporting any issues through the appropriate channels.
- Maintain a strong presence around the campus in order to monitor student activity, keeping a log of student incidents and re-occurrences.
- Monitor and co-ordinate campus coverage, including off-site provision and the surrounding areas, ensuring a safe environment for all; preventing unauthorised access to the College’s facilities and respect for College property and personal possessions.
- Check that staff, students and visitors are wearing appropriate ID badges and follow up where appropriate.
- Have a proactive approach when complying with all necessary Health, Safety and Wellbeing requirements.
- IEG offers excellent benefits including 37 days annual leave
- access to a generous Local Government Pension scheme
- on-site benefits and facilities
- including a gym
- free parking and a nursery (Peterborough only).
- We also offer many training and development opportunities.
Inspire Education Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks along with other relevant employment checks.