** Strictly no agencies **
1. Purpose of Job
To work within the Estates and Site Services team, providing a comprehensive and quality service to all staff, students and visitors to the Darlington college sites.
2. Principle Accountabilities
a. To perform general duties as required including general cleaning, caretaking shredding and basic maintenance tasks.
b. Provide assistance, direction and excellent customer service to all College users.
c. Issue, move, store and return College property and equipment, moving it around the campus and ensuring it is in place for individual and group activities as required.
d. Ensure that equipment is set up correctly and fit for intended use.
e. To be a First Aider and Fire Warden
f. To respond to any fire or emergency situation, liaising with emergency services where necessary.
g. To perform such driving duties as directed whilst on duty
h. To test fire alarms weekly and report results to the College Health & Safety Officer.
i. Work as part of the Site Services team to provide a safe and secure working / learning environment for all users of the College facilities.
j. To attend Site Services team meetings as required.
3. Specific Accountabilities
3.1 General Stores
• Maintain Goods Inwards and Distribution procedures providing full accountability.
• Distribute in a timely manner all deliveries where possible to the given destination within the College.
• To undertake reactive and proactive surveillance of the College CCTV system, in line with college policies and procedures, maintain compliance in all aspects of the data protection laws where licensing allows.
• Completion, storage and destruction (when necessary) of all relevant information, in compliance with data protection laws and College Procedures.
• Attend court to offer evidence if required.
• Ensure all equipment is in working order and all failures are correctly recorded and reported as soon as possible in line with legislation.
3.3 Sports Hall
• Maintain and complete records of Sports Hall users, including recording of relevant CRB checks.
• Basic maintenance and storage of sports equipment.
• Maintain general housekeeping and upkeep of the Sports Hall areas including changing rooms, lockers and gymnasiums.
3.4 Miscellaneous duties
• Maintaining records for Issuing of keys for bike pods
• Archiving- including compliant issuing, collection and destruction of confidential waste
• Statutory compliance checks for fire equipment, water services, first aid boxes
• Maintaining records for furniture checks and completing general furniture repairs
• Ensure vehicle fleet is up to date with legal checks and all are ‘ready to drive’
• Monitor online vehicle bookings to ensure cover is organised for minibus driving duties
4. General Responsibilities
Compliance with all statutory requirements of the Health & Safety at Work Act, the College Health & Safety Policy and any other relevant procedures.
Undertake any other duties assigned by the Line Manager commensurate with the grade of the post including cover of tasks within the site services team schedule.
Child protection is the responsibility of all staff. The College will therefore:
•Encourage and maintain an environment where students feel secure, are encouraged to talk, and are listened to
•Ensure students know that there are staff in the College whom they can approach if they are worried
•Include opportunities in the curriculum for students to develop the skills they need to recognise and stay safe from abuse
•All staff will be required to undertake appropriate safeguarding induction and training.