Teacher of Mathematics
Kingsbury Green Academy
Grade MPS-UPS (DOE) FTE
Salary: £28,000-£43,685 (DOE) FTE
Part time (min 0.6) – Full time
Start Date: September 2023
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and inspirational teacher to join our effective, committed and supportive Mathematics Department.
Kingsbury Green Academy, judged as ‘Good’ by Ofsted in every category when inspected in April 2022, is part of the successful Ascend Learning Trust. We are an ambitious, forward thinking 11-18 years Academy situated in a beautiful location on the outskirts of Calne in Wiltshire. Kingsbury Green Academy is a great place to teach Mathematics as we are continually raising standards to produce the highest levels of student achievement.
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic teacher who will:
- Be an effective and innovative Mathematics teacher with a passion for learning
- Be an enthusiastic professional committed to providing our students with an outstanding education
- Be passionate about teaching and learning; who will bring energy, enthusiasm and new ideas to the classroom and department
- Have ambition and desire to play a significant role in the further development of the Mathematics department.
- Inspire students to understand what excellence means for them on a personal level and support them to achieve that personal excellence in whatever form it takes
Applications are welcome from both experienced and newly qualified teachers.
Why Choose us?
What we offer:
- The opportunity of working within a supportive, friendly, and well-run school.
- The Trusts commitment to staff wellbeing including generous calendar dates and INSET days.
- A strong commitment to your professional development and career management.
- Excellent CPD opportunities to grow and development through mentorship and coaching.
- Reward and recognition, celebrating staff success.
- Leadership development opportunities both internally and across other schools in the Trust.
- A successful ECT support program.
- Onsite parking.
- Pension Scheme.
- Courteous and hardworking pupils.
- Benefits for discounts via an online staff portal.
Closing Date Midnight 16th April 2023
Interview Date w/c 24th April 2023
Please note if we receive enough applications, we may close this job role earlier.
We look forward to receiving your application, if you have not heard from us by the interview date, you may assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Unfortunately, we are unable to offer feedback on individual applications that are not shortlisted for interview.
Ascend Learning Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We particularly welcome applications from under-represented groups, including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual-orientation or religion.
Please note any position that involves working with children requires declaration of ALL convictions/cautions regardless of whether these are deemed as spent and a DBS check will be carried out before any employment commences.
In line with KCSIE 2022 and safer recruitment practices, the school will conduct an online search for all shortlisted candidates. The online search is part of our safeguarding checks and will seek publicly available information on candidates’ suitability to work with children. Shortlisted candidates will be provided with further guidance and will be asked to clarify their online presence.
References will be obtained before interview at shortlisting stage and may be used in the interview process. If previous employment has included working with children, then at least one referee must be from this employment, regardless of whether this is the current or most recent employment, any gaps in employment must be detailed and an explanation provided in the relevant section.