Responsible to: SENCO
Pay scale: NJC Scale 4 (7-10) (£27,060 - £28,419) pro rata TTO
Work pattern: Full Time , 35 hours per week, Term Time Only
Required for: ASAP
Deadline to apply: Midday, Thursday 2 February
Location of post: The Elmgreen School, SE27 9BZ
Thank you for your enquiry about the key post of Teaching Assistant at The Elmgreen School. We are seeking to appoint a Teaching Assistant to work as part of our inclusion team who have a passion to see all students succeed and a commitment to ensuring that the students at The Elmgreen School share that passion. You should be able to demonstrate successful experience in supporting students in one or more of the following: Autistic Spectrum Disorders, ADHD, SpLD or Behaviour, Emotional and Social Difficulties.
Support for Students
- Supervise and provide particular support for students identified on the Special Educational Needs Register, ensuring their safety and access to learning activities
- Establish constructive relationships with students and interact with them according to individual needs
Support for Teachers
- Create and maintain a purposeful, orderly and supportive environment, in accordance with lesson plans and assist with the display of students’ work
- Use strategies, in liaison with the teacher, to support students to achieve learning goals
- Assist with the planning of learning activities
Dunraven Educational Trust Overview
Dunraven Educational Trust (DET) was established in 2016. It now incorporates Dunraven’s All-Through School, Goldfinch Primary, The Elmgreen School, Rosendale Primary School and Van Gogh Primary. DET is a Trust committed to one overarching aim: excellence for and from everyone. This is an expectation for both the children and adults in a school community. It is achieved in a variety of ways according to the context of each school but within the clear framework established by the Trust.
If you are successful in your application, you will join a staff who are hard-working,
committed, positive in outlook and dedicated to the achievement of our students. We offer:
- a high standard of professional practice, with bespoke in-house CPD provision, and affiliation to nationally recognised courses and providers;
- a supportive and collegiate environment,
- a culture of high trust and accountability that values creativity and innovation, leading practice locally and nationally in a range of fields.
The Elmgreen School is committed to the safety and protection of its students. An enhanced DBS check and a barred list check are conditions of employment for this post.
The Elmgreen School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.