Closing date: Monday 6th February 2023 9am
Interview date: week beginning 13th February 2023
Hayesfield Girls’ School are looking to recruit Teaching Assistants, at Pay Grade 2, 3 or 4
(depending on experience (ASD, Dyslexia or SEMH) and the ability to undertake specific tasks).
We will consider applications for a variety of hour hours, term time only plus 5 INSET days. These positions are permanent roles.
A TA role offers an exciting opportunity to work as part of the Learning Support Faculty supporting students with their needs.
Reporting to the SENCO, the TAs will:
- Work as part of the Learning Support Team, usually in the classroom with the teacher, supporting students with their learning needs.
- Address the needs of pupils who need particular support to overcome barriers to learning to gain access to the curriculum at all levels.
- Promote the inclusion and acceptance of all pupils and encourage pupils to interact with others and engage in activities led by the teacher, or by themselves.
- Work with small groups and 1:1 in the Learning Support Area at the direction of the SENCo or Lead TA.
- Level 2 qualifications in literacy and numeracy (GCSE or equivalent)
- Experience of working with or caring for children of a relevant age in either a paid, voluntary or domestic environment, with an interest in children's development
- A willingness to undertake a recognised/relevant qualification, such as NVQ2/3 for Teaching Assistants
- Basic understanding and use of technology i.e. Microsoft Office, internet, use of photocopiers etc.
- Ability to self-evaluate learning needs and actively seek learning opportunities.
Hayesfield Girls’ School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly CRB) check is required for this post prior to commencement.
Please note that we reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive sufficient applications
Hayesfield Girls' School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.