Craven College is an aspirational College set in friendly and inclusive rural campuses in Skipton within the beautiful Yorkshire Dales, at The Aviation Academy based airside at Leeds Bradford Airport and at Evolve in the heart of Ripon. We are a Good College (Ofsted 2018) and offer full-time courses for 16-18 year olds, outstanding apprenticeships, courses for young people with special educational needs, part-time courses and degree level courses with a mission statement of ‘enriching lives through learning’. Tyro Training is our commercial training division which offers a wide range of training courses for both individuals and businesses in Skipton.
We continuously invest in our excellent, industry standard facilities with a new £1.6m purpose-built Animal Management Centre on our Aireville Campus to be followed in 2022 by the construction of new equestrian facilities including an international sized arena and outdoor warm up area.
Skipton has good transport links and is easily accessible from Burnley 19 miles, Bradford 18 miles, Keighley 10 miles and Harrogate 22 miles.
We are currently seeking to employ a committed and motivated Technician/Instructor in IT and Media to assist with the preparation of equipment and resources to support the successful delivery of the curriculum in the IT, Esports, Media and Performing Arts area, maintaining, organising and upkeep of resources and equipment. Provide an efficient and effective support service in the practical workshops and assessment areas. Prepare materials and equipment for practical classes in conjunction with the Department of Creative and Digital Industries team. Responsible for implementing procedures and routines in conjunction with the College policies to ensure the safety, cleanliness, and general upkeep of the Department of Creative and Digital Industries. Liaise with teaching staff to plan and develop activities for off-site practical activities, to enrich the learner experience.
- Level 3 qualification in IT, Media and or Theatre Production or related qualification
- Expertise in operating and updating a wide variety of IT, Esports and Media software. This will include advising on potential alternatives or improvements to current software usage
- Provide technical assistance, maintenance and management of resources, primarily in relation to media and IT. Ensure equipment and materials are in good condition, safe and ready for staff and students to use.
- An understanding of DSLR & film cameras, sound recording and editing.
- Knowledge and experience of Adobe Production Suite
- An understanding of basic sound and lighting systems
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload effectively to meet tight deadlines;
- Ability to work in a team and with students with a wide range of abilities and needs
- Liaise effectively with college staff, students, external visitors and outside suppliers;
- Ability to move, lift or carry equipment; ability to work at heights;
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic, with good time-management skills;
- Knowledge and experience in relation to stock control and inventory;
- Practical knowledge of Health and Safety legislation, safe working practice and risk assessment;
- Experience of instructing or teaching;
- Ability to work flexibly to a consistently high standard on own initiative with minimal supervision;
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise work to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work effectively as a team member;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Willingness to work flexibly around the needs of the College, including occasional evenings or weekends;
- Full driving licence and access to an appropriately insured vehicle;
- Qualified First Aider, or willing to work towards qualification;
- Up to date IT skills, timely processing of orders and response to requests via email;
- Willingness to support staff as required in other specialist areas within the School;
- Willingness to undertake continual professional development and training, in line with the needs of the College.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a friendly college in North Yorkshire with fantastic facilities, excellent CPD opportunities and a great working and learning environment.
A disclosure check with the Disclosure & Barring Service will be undertaken for this post.
We’re committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expect staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
For further information including a full job description and to apply, please visit our website.
If you have not heard from us within 28 days of the closing date on this occasion you have not been shortlisted. However please feel free to apply for futures roles as appropriate.
Craven College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.