Full-time, 37 hours per annum
£31,498 - £36,642 per annum
Gower College Swansea is one of the largest colleges in Wales with a strong reputation for high quality teaching and learning. We have six campuses across the city with over 4,500 full time learners and 10,000 part time learners. We currently have a turnover of over £50 million making us a major employer in the region with approximately 1,000 staff.
At Gower College Swansea we are passionate about investing in our staff and looking after their wellbeing to ensure they feel supported in work and also at home.
- The post involves training and assessing learners within the Mechanical Building Services Sector including but not limited to:
- Plumbing and Heating
- Domestic and Commercial Gas Installation and Maintenance including ACS assessment, and Managed Learning Pathways
- Renewable technologies including Heat Pumps, Solar Thermal,
- Future opportunities such as Hydrogen
- Level 3 or equivalent qualification in Gas installation and maintenance
- OR related subject such as Plumbing / Heating and Ventilation
- Current ACS Gas certification
Benefits for you:
- 28 days annual leave, plus bank holidays, and the college is closed for two weeks over the Christmas period
- Cycle to work scheme
- Access to staff fitness trainer/nutritionist/exercise classes
- Discounted study opportunities on College programmes
- A Local Government Pension Scheme with an average employer contribution of 21% (2023)
- a range of employee benefits including salary sacrifice schemes
- staff discounts and free parking
We welcome applications from individuals regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We particularly welcome applications from groups currently underrepresented within our organisation.
If you wish to continue your application journey using Welsh Language, please visit our Cymraeg site. We encourage Welsh Language applications as we recognise the importance of delivering services in Welsh, and the need to grow our bilingual workforce.
Gower College Swansea is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Appointments are subject to an enhanced DBS check and require registration with the Education Workforce Council for Wales.
Please note that we are expecting a high volume applicants for this vacancy. If we do, we may close the post before the specified date, therefore an early application is recommended.
Appointments will normally be made to the bottom of the salary scale with annual increments on 1st August each year (subject to a start date before 1st February).
Gower College Swansea is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.